Roll Call: Maryland

Played Piney Branch this afternoon. Once the wind died down was warmer. Greens are already ridiculous. Can’t wait until Summer.

Lake presidential was in pretty darn good shape today. First time playing and thought it was a great lay out. I had heard that it had conditions issues in the past but definitely seems like they have turned a corner.

1 Like

Just want to keep everyone updated and excited about the May 9th NLU meet up day at Lake Presidental

We are up to 37 people!!! Gonna be an exciting day of golf. Looking forward to hosting the NLU refuge!!

Will keep everyone updated as we get closer.

Please continue to sign up on that google doc sheet that’s in this forum

2 Likes

Anyone feel like playing some golf tomorrow? Social distancing is pretty easy when you hit it as far right as I do off the tee

2 Likes

I’ll be playing at Rolling Road (brother in laws club) or else I would be in.

1 Like

Don’t see courses staying open after the Governors announcement today. Wouldn’t consider them essential…

Not great, I’m thinking the same thing.

Played 9 on saturday PM at Carroll Park and they seemed to take proper measures (only 6 people allowed in the club house to pay at a time, card reader on a separate table with wipes/hand sanitizer, the place smelled really clean.) Still had carts available for some reason. Felt very comfortable.

Played 18 on sunday at Clifton park w/ @Kyle.W and have to say, they didn’t seem to be taking any significant measures inside the clubhouse/at the register. We did our best distancing, no touching the pins, etc. Didn’t feel comfortable with the level of sanitization/precaution in the clubhouse, though. But enjoyed walking 18!

2 Likes

Played 9 at Bay Hills Friday afternoon and they hadn’t done anything other than reducing staff/closing the restaurant and shallowing the cups. When we got their there was probably 10 groups waiting to tee off.

Then played 18 at my brother in laws club Saturday and they had taken a lot more precautions, but after our round everyone congregated on the patio and was drinking beers and not really distancing. We talked with the pro and he was saying they didn’t expect to stay open much longer and that a lot of other private clubs had closed.

My club was doing everything in their power to stay open, and even with the small business help Hogan announced, I imagine they’re in pretty deep waters financially.

You’d have to imagine some (many?) will be feeling the financial effects from all of this shit and pull membership at their clubs. Some clubs will be fine, but I am really nervous my club and many others like it won’t make it through this downturn…

1 Like

Anyone got a hook up to a VA course that is still open? Been scrounging for tee times and having a tone of trouble finding anything at all. Based in North Bethesda, willing to drive anywhere haha.

Driving to Delaware to play Rock Manor tomorrow

I’ve been getting emails all week that Westfields is open. Probably about a 40 minute drive for you depending on traffic.

With the new Executive Order that is effective tonight, are we banned from playing golf? Or is it legally okay to travel to do so? Know all MD/DC courses are closed. It is unclear as it says outdoor exercise is okay but closes all golf courses.

Just stay home. Is it really that necessary to travel to play golf? No, it’s not.

1 Like

Take a look here: https://governor.maryland.gov/2020/03/30/as-covid-19-crisis-escalates-in-capital-region-governor-hogan-issues-stay-at-home-order-effective-tonight/

" No Marylander should be traveling outside of the state unless such travel is absolutely necessary. Those who have traveled outside of the state should self-quarantine for 14 days.

Thanks, I appreciate it - pretty clear it is a no based on that guidance.

Yeah its unfortunate. If you have a yard, might i suggest googling “Birdieballs”. They’re pretty neat limited flight ‘golf balls’ that aren’t really balls at all, they’re like little napkin holder like cylindars that fly like 30 yards off a pitching wedge. I’ve been hitting them in my back yard to work on my swing. At least its something right?

Just moved to Towson myself (from Baltimore, so not completely new to the area). Now looking to see potential courses to join in the area and would love to get a round in at CCM. Let’s link up as soon as courses are open again.

Blue Mash (in MoCo) is relatively flat and doesn’t have big distances between holes (played on a weekday and they allowed walking). Played there with a couple Push Cart Mafia guys last spring. Of the MoCo Golf courses, only Hampshire Greens requires a cart. I see quite a few walkers at Rattlewood.

1 Like