Roll Call: Maryland

@SeymourByrdees what’s the reservation under?

@CDevlin with the Eagle / Net ACE on 3 at fox hollow. Hole out from 155!! First eagle!!

@Kyle.W @jhughes2242 down 1 thru 3.

7 Likes

East coast Pebble. Shoutout the strapped boys @MerchCzar @Randy

13 Likes

Shouldn’t be too bad out there tomorrow, around 50 and no wind. I’m lucky enough to have off of work and will be heading to Piney Branch with a buddy around noon. If anyone (or 2) is interested in joining, DM me. Guest fee right now is 40 to walk, 60 to ride. @yelimsnayr i saw you’re a member here, let me know next time you’re out there!

Great to meet a fellow member. I’ll stay in touch, looking forward to warmer weather. Even tho I’m 30, I have an old soul.

2 Likes

Going to be out of town this weekend- crushed. Hope to make round 2.

1 Like

31 players for May 9th!!

Made it out to Woodmore CC today for the first time. Brisk start to the round with a 35 degree 10am shotgun start, but it got better quickly and turned out to be a nice day.

I don’t know a lot about gc architecture and all the fancy terms and trends, but I really enjoyed the AP layout and the club overall. The holes all seemed to be curvy benders with narrow-ish fairways, but the bends were varied and no hole looked the same. I was always thinking about shot shapes both off the tee and into the greens. Also the greens were tough- they definitely aren’t huge to begin with, and they all seem to have at least two or three ‘regions’ separated by big slopes and shelves. I can imagine this course plays V difficult in firm and fast conditions.

The club just seemed to have a fun vibe too, and the fact that they used to host a Nationwide/Web/KFC Tour event for a few years in the 2000s is also pretty cool. Anyway it’s rare I get to play a new course so close to home, so I wanted to share.

P.S.- would have posted on the ‘tell us about your round’ thread, but I would have been following a post from a guy that played royal melbourne… so yeah

1 Like

I’m a member there and played this morning, too. Glad you enjoyed your round! The conditions have been pretty rough the past couple of years but they seem to be turning a corner. The layout is really great and it’s a fairly tough course. Once spring time comes around the greens will be nice and quick. There’s a lot of undulations on those greens.

2 Likes

Hey all. Just found this forum / thread. Been a NLU listener forever but never active on the refuge. I work in the golf industry and play as much as I can. Always looking to meet new players who share a similar golf schedule.

Name: John
Handicap: 5
Golf Days: Sunday, Monday, Thursday afternoon / early evening in the summer.

5 Likes

@cbass what is the vibe like at Woodmore?

Would love to play Lake Prez. May 9 works best.

It’s a very laid back and chill vibe at Woodmore. The conditions seem to be coming around, too. We also just got a simulator. It’s a good time to get in as it’s fairly inexpensive to be a member now.

I can vouch for the chill vibe for sure- was definitely enjoying that before/during/after my round. I’d love to come back mid-season to see the conditions at their peak.

If you ever want to venture up to Piney Branch GC in Hampstead, just let me know. Not many frills at that club, but the course is worth the trip.

1 Like

Fire Turgeon

3 Likes

Dropping in here. Towson resident and member at Country Club of Maryland. Played most of the course around here and I’m always willing to host new people. Growing the local Nest.

6 Likes

Just joined in January. We should play sometime. High handicapper. But improving and still have fun.

1 Like

FYI Queenstown is running back their 6 pack deal from last year. Just got the email. $360 for 6 rounds on either course any time. Hell of a deal. Basically get 6 rounds on the River for half the price.

There are a few of us fellow members here.

2 Likes

Just had a 5 hour round at Queenstown. Was the most crowded I have ever seen it. Feel like every course was jam packed today.