Roll Call: KC Area

I’ll have to take a look. Won’t be able to check anything till late tonight due to all day meetings. I’ll check back here later.

Shoal Creek is a great course on the north side…easy drive from Des Moines.

When I lived NKC I played there a ton. They used to have USGA qualifiers there…so decent enough. Definitely check it out.

2 Likes

Well that kind of sucks, but I’d say good on the owners for finding a good transition. I just really hope they keep the smoker going out front for lunches as its literally my favorite restaurant in town. Not being a local I never got the chance to buy any steaks there but their selection always looked excellent.

@Christian @jimithng23 and I capped off our Barn Burner weekend with lunch there following the round at Swope.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if they still have the smoker going out front? I know they’re liquidating the store, but I’d love to get in one more lunch there this weekend. Weather doesn’t look too bad either.

I played at my club a week ago and it was in pretty good condition. I know we’re supposed to get some snow tomorrow, so it could be a bit dicey this weekend if it hasn’t all melted yet.

2 Likes

True, but I think it might be melted by the weekend.

1 Like

Played this weekend at Creekmoor. Pretty wet and if we get 6 inches of snow tomorrow I don’t think it will be open this weekend.

Tomorrow might get ugly, but I noticed today that the birds are more active than usual, and next weekend looks like the trend is about to break. That’s not to say we won’t get anymore cold or snow, but I think we’re turning the corner soon.

2 Likes

This is sad. we had a huge spread from McGonigle’s going for the Super Bowl. My buddy that buys all his meats there is pretty distraught right now.

1 Like

God I hope so.

April 18. Thinking Swope for a meetup.

Cool?

2 Likes

Should work for me!

It’ll need to be afternoon for me since that’s the day of the Garmin Marathon (I’m running a 10k, not the marathon).

Putting in a link here:

4 Likes

Wasn’t sure if this got replied to but I went Friday (cased the joint) and Saturday. For the $15 entry fee, the “free” rounds at Kinderhook and the Ozarks Golf Passport were more than worth it. Most of the vendors are willing to haggle, especially towards the end of Sunday. I scored a barely used Glide 2.0 58 degree and a brand new pair of Adipure knit shoes for $100 out the door!

Just don’t make eye contact with the Welk Resorts or Hague Water filter booths.

Pick a better date and I’ll come out from STL!

1 Like

Would be interested in 4/18 for sure.

Live in brookside and my son(8) and i play at Hillcrest a lot if anyone else is similar and needs the same situation for a 4some

1 Like

Sweet. Add your name to the google doc!

can you feel it today? we need a week of sun to dry this place out, another week for crews to get things cleaned up, and it’s go time by March.

Where in brookside? There are a few of us brooksiders on this board.

1 Like