Roll Call: Iowa

Greetings from east of the Mississippi. A group of us from Chicagoland playing Prairie View in Byron, IL on October 16. If you would like to join for a friendly, we’d love to meet and enjoy some fall golf while lamenting the Bears

4 Likes

I would imagine I can make this work. Perhaps I’ll drag along the QC contingent if they are up for it.

4 Likes

That’s my home course! I’ll see if I can make it. For anyone considering, I think I’ve said it in here before…100% recommend. Relatively cheap muni and it’s a great course.

6 Likes

Was just there the other week. Impressed at the course and amenities for a small town. Top Tracer Range with bar and grill onsite. Have you booked times yet? Count me in

3 Likes

I’m listening

1 Like

Hey Iowa Refugees! Glad to see there’s some momentum here for PV. This is my fault, I’m always trying to get folks to make the drive to play this course. I grew up about 20 minutes north and still have family and friends in Byron.

I know the guy who runs the Byron Forest Preserve, so if we have some group-level interest I can reach out to make sure they can accommodate us. As others have mentioned, it is quite the facility for a local muni, and this time of year the whole area will be some serious MF’ing decorative gourd SZN vibes. So far we have at least a foursome in from the Chicago area.

Two years ago:

8 Likes

Count me in as well, you got any times reserved?

2 Likes

@grandpa_jones @jimithng23 @Hawkeye89 @BigAndy @RunItOut we do not have any tee times yet. When I looked online the 16th wasn’t available to book yet. I suppose I could call them, should I aim for three foursomes? Also, is 10am (or around that) a good time? Figured that would give everyone time to drive without having to wake up too early

4 Likes

10am works for me.

1 Like

That’s a big 10-4 for me

1 Like

No concerns with that time. @jimithng23 @grandpa_jones, car pool QC?

2 Likes

Duh

2 Likes

Works for me

1 Like

If a spot is available my buddy @nickg43 is in

1 Like

Anybody looking to play tomorrow?

Ok folks let’s get this sorted. We can book times next Sunday so drop those handles on the sheet if you’re interested in a spot.

3 Likes

It has come to my attention that I am 98% likely to be OUT for this, which is unfortunate. Wife reminded me of a prior commitment. Enjoy though. Bombs away on Hole 14 for me, please.

1 Like

Anyone in the Des Moines area want to play golf this weekend? Girlfriend is out of town and I’ve got all the time in the world

Anniversary weekend so Im out.

Got a couple spots at Deere Run Saturday and Sunday. 921 sat 854 sun $79 if anybody wants in me and the dog had a blast out there tonight

9 Likes