Roll Call: Iowa

I live south of Iowa City a bit and we got absolutely pounded with snow about 3 weeks ago that really built things up. Nothing melted from December until this week so there’s a lot on the ground. A ton has melted but we’ve still got a ways to go until the ground is clear.

Any Des Moines guis have a guess to when stuff may open up? I saw central Iowa may get into the sixties in the next couple weeks. Waveland and Legacy are calling my name.

1 Like

Weather is looking great after tomorrow. I think the snow should be all gone by the weekend. Fingers crossed at least something opens next weekend. If not I think by the weekend of the 13th should be a number of courses open

4 Likes

Legacy and Jester have hinted at opening March 5th or 6th but nothing set in stone as of now.

3 Likes

228EBFB6-C2C2-4F56-A2D0-B5FFBF7B999A

Jester Park posted that they’re hoping to open on Sunday or Monday & I was able to make a tee time there for Monday.

3 Likes

Legacy sent an email stating they’re is opening Saturday.

Palmer Hills is opening the driving range Sunday, said they would be “monitoring the situation” after

1 Like

Played Jester yesterday and Legacy today. Surprised how dry they were. Didnt mud up the push cart at all.

4 Likes

Hey guys,

Omaha golfer here. I have a friend that lives in Des Moines now and I’m wondering if there are any good courses between Bent Tree east of Council Bluffs and Des Moines. Looking to meet him somewhere off I-80 occasionally. I know most of the solid golf is in DM and eastern Iowa. Are there any hidden gems along the I-80 corridor in the western part of IA?

I played Legacy on Sunday and was very surprised how dry it was. I was expecting it to be soaked and muddy. Will be heading to Jester on Saturday

2 Likes

One that comes to mind would be Lake Panorama National. Its about 45 minutes to an hour North West of Des Moines. So, not really that close to I-80, and would be much closer for your friend in DSM. But its a great course, I make sure to make it there 2-3 times a year.

2 Likes

Any 515ers in search of a group Saturday? I have 2 spots open for an 11:45 at Waveland.

1 Like

Hi guis-
Just wanted to let you know that there is an event being held just over the border in Winona, MN in case you’re local to the area. Also, shout out to Toppling Goliath and Luther college in Decorah

4 Likes

Iowa golf logo may be too good. Purchased online from Finkbine!

Edit: do the clones have a logo like this? Need to pick one up for my bro if so.

8 Likes

Oh man I’m going to have to buy the white one

Anybody looking to play this Friday can shoot me a message

1 Like

Longshot but any chance one of you guis found an MP-14 PW with a white Tour Wrap and a TT proto Monaco at Waveland this weekend? My dumb ass friend forgot it somewhere on the front nine on Friday and didn’t tell me until that night. I’ve called the club and left them my info but no dice yet.

I love Waveland but sadly its probably the last place someone would return a club. Hopefully someone did grab it and just forgot it was in their bag (ive done this before :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

That’s kinda what I was worried about. I’m headed back out of town but if any of you have time/desire to hunt around holes 6-8 today for it (it could be in a very obscure place, the gui borrowing them was a first-timer) I would reward you handsomely for your troubles. Like $20 just to go look, $100 if you find it and can get it back to me