Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

13 is an uphill par 5 that’s super fun as well (below). The entire back 9 was such a riot, but I agree for sure. They did a good job on the new holes, but the original ones are out of this world.

1 Like

I personally can’t stand 10 and 11 due to the draw I tend to hit off the tee, but those are cool holes too. I’ve played it twice and both times my sister in laws boyfriend has driven it inside of 20 feet for Eagle on 11 and 3 putted both times.

I really like the 2nd and 3rd shots on 13! Shoulda added it to the finishing stretch list. The back is definitely more memorable than the from in my opinion. The front gets you warmed up well, it just doesn’t have as interesting of land movement until 9 in my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah I agree for sure. The front is fine, but I’m glad they save the best for last.

1 & 2 being original is also smart, let me know what I’m here for, throw a bunch of good, but not great stuff at me in the middle, and then really send me home with a flurry of great holes.

I appreciate them not gouging everything either. Ball marks & logo balls were $2, draft beers at dinner were $3.50, and the rate of the course could be a lot higher in todays climate. Really wish I could play there more frequently.

2 Likes

Gotcha! I didn’t know the history of Original vs New holes. That makes a lot of sense with 1 and 2 since they’re by far the most memorable holes on the front 9. My father in law has a playing pass at a course 5 minutes from his house, but I really need to push to go play Harrison more. It’s only 20ish minutes from their house.

1 Like

Agree with that!! From what I understand 3-11 are the new holes and 1,2,12-18 are the original Langford holes. I could be wrong, but it felt that way for sure.

1 Like

That’s a bit of a poke between the two. We tried to play Harrison Hills->Ackerman-Allen and we were going to be pushing sundown a couple weeks ago (thunderstorms ruined it). You must have started really early.

Not as early as some other days to be honest haha.

Warren at 8:20 and Harrison Hills at 3:50. Played each in 4 hours so I was pleased it worked out, definitely some driving between courses & weather cooperated.

Farmers Cup volume 2 signup has started in Discord. Let me know you’re in on the Park Mammoth channel to reserve a spot

2 Likes

Wait, the Indiana group is also doing a Park Mammoth outing? When?

1 Like

The border battle vs HCC is rotating to Park Mammoth next year from Quail Crossing.

4 Likes

March 2nd — we’re going to roll the dice with the weather again, but this year it’s gonna be 70 and sunny

3 Likes

Whether you call it a rotation or a perk of winning last year, we coming either way :triumph:

4 Likes

Listen. You come up here and you survive 4 months of frigid ice then try to “compete”.

3 Likes

IMG_3329

2 Likes

May have had trouble competing on the course, but you did put a good shift in the night before at the pool table/bourbon bar!

4 Likes

Farmer’s Cup v2 is marching on.

1 Like

Hey everyone, trying to figure out how to end/start the official Crossroads Cup Season, need your input please in the poll below.
The 2023 Crossroads Cup has been a lot fun for everyone that has been able to get some matches in. This season has been a rough draft of sorts for how we’d like to proceed if/when we gain an official status as an NLU Roost.
Behind the scenes the board has been diligently outlining the 2024 season and trying to decide how our Roost with be represented in the broader NLU competitive landscape. A spot on the Roost team will be up for grabs via winning the 2024 Crossroads Cup… which brings me back to the poll.
Please chime in on how you’d like to see this season end, and the next season will begin accordingly.

(Please let @BuffaLouies know if you’d like to #getinvolved with planning)

• Season Ending Match Play Meetup @ Noble Hawk Sept. 23rd
  • Season Ending Match Play Meetup @ Noble Hawk Sept. 24
  • Reset the standings now and start earning for 2024
0 voters
1 Like

Let’s make sure we measure these results against those who actually participated in the 2023 version, please.

Edit: Point being there’s only 5 of us that participated in more than one match. If we could get, say, 8 of the top people together on the 24th, we could have a mini tournament and come up with a 2023 champion. Or October 1st.

1 Like

For anyone that isn’t in the Discord:

We’ll hold the 2023-24 season preview and town hall on Thursday, September 21st at 8:00 pm ET. You can sign up as interested in Discord to get alerts for the event, and we’ll be covering the following:

• Roost Application
  • competitions for upcoming season
  • qualification for NLU Roost events
  • requirements for Roost membership vs Nest membership
  • rough schedule of events for the season

If you don’t have access to the Discord please DM me.

1 Like

Any way this can be recorded, or is it just another chat? Thursday at 8 is right in the middle of my shift.