Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

I was going to just go out alone, but golfing with a local never hurts. Tuesday is probably going to be the day where I can commit to a tee time for sure.

Gonna play in Indy I think August 11th and morning August 12th. Was going to do purgatory and fort. Was wondering which was preferred between backyard and chariot run(know chariot run is in the south of the state).
Thanks

Plus if anyone wants to join and play let me know. Shoot in the mid to high 90s

Do you mean the Brickyard? I’d play that one over Chariot Run. Prairie View is another choice in the Indianapolis area.

Unless you’re leaving town via Louisville, Chariot Run is a hell of a drive just to play that course. There are others that I would drive that far to first.

i’ll be in indianapolis next friday (august 1 i believe, haven’t checked) and looking to play in the afternoon. anybody interested in playing/have any recommendations for a woke-when-broke-style place to play?

Interested to hear about the Bridgewater Club which I hear is cool.

Never played The Bridgwater. Walked it for the Junior Solheim in 2005 - Morgan Pressel and company won against a stacked European team.

1 Like

Yes, I meant brickyard. . . thanks

Brownsburg, IN here. I live right next to West Chase. (Not a bad little track) Longtime listener to NLU pod but new to refuge.

Favorite courses around here are Purgatory, Brickyard Crossing, and Trophy Club

Welcome to the newly minted “worst state” thread Laz. I work with a guy who was the assistant pro here. While I haven’t heard a ton about it, he mentioned that the course isn’t going to take your breath away. Classic flat Dye course.

Do you know anything about Walnut Creek, CA? I lived there some years ago and I used to tell my friends from Indiana that if you scooped up Carmel (where Bridgewater is) and plopped it down in California, Walnut Creek is what you’d get.

It’s in a $1mil minimum real estate area in the midwest. I work like 5 minutes away from it and half to pass it on my way home everyday, there’s always people zipping around the neighborhood on golf carts. If you want more info I can get it to you.

Thanks @Ty.Webb, I’m sure I’ll be there to check it out soon enough.

1 Like

@Lazstradamus if you’re going to be making a visit to the hoosier state, let us know. Plenty of good golf around.

2 Likes

currently on vacation in indianapolis, planning on playing Plum Creek tomorrow afternoon at 4:20 if anybody’s interested in joining up. thought about playing purgatory or the fort but purgatory’s probably a bit far for my schedule and the fort was all booked for tomorrow.

Where are you staying? Never mind, from any direction the extra drive is well worth it when comparing Plum Creek to Purgatory.

Anybody have experience(s) from the Pete Dye Golf Trail?

mostly it’s a time budget thing, need to squeeze in the round around other people’s time and getting out to purgatory and back in time probably just isn’t going to work. plum creek is probably cutting it close as is tbh.

either way, i’m sure i’ll be back to play both the fort and purgatory at some point, just won’t be able to make it work tomorrow

Just got back from our trip to Swan Lake in Plymouth. Courses were both in great shape, friendly staff and a good experience overall. Had right around 80 degree weather in mid August so about as perfect as you can ask for in the Midwest in August
It was packed, which was the only down side. We played slow but not at a Bryson pace.
Got in 108 holes over 3 days and would definitely go back.

The one thing I did think was funny was that they had starters and rangers out on both courses, and said “pace of play is very important, as we are packed.” but they weren’t saying anything to the slow groups.

1 Like

Does anyone know if they post the mid-am qualifying results anywhere from Pine Valley CC today?

I have a foursome vouchers with cart for Warren Course at Notre Dame that I’ve won in an auction this season, but I unfortunately won’t be able to use before it expires 10/31/19 since we recently had our first baby. The only restriction is that it can’t be used Fri or Sat of a home football weekend. If anyone is interested in taking it off my hands, please let me know. Would like to recoup some costs if possible, but definitely would be at a discount to their regular rates. Happy to share the emails I’ve got showing their authenticity as well. Thanks in advance for any interest. (post-edit ---- THESE ARE NOW GONE AND SPOKEN FOR)

Coming North from Lexington to cross the river and playing Chariot Run today. Heard great things and can’t beat $35 twilight fee including range balls.

1 Like