Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

Have you been there lately, though? Admittedly it was probably 5 or 6 years ago, but that place was burnt out brown. Not great for a par 3 course…

Was there in 2019 and it was fine. Not really expecting much given it’s location but good enough to take a couple of wedges and putter with the family and have fun.

2 Likes

What’s up y’all. I’ve been beating up my home track all summer and my wife is going to be out of town with her mother on a trip this next weekend. I’m using it as an excuse to go play some other courses and see how the game travels.

Ideally I’d like to get up to Purdue and play one or both courses (haven’t played since I graduated in 2014), but I’m open if anyone has a good game planned. I also haven’t played with a refuge member in forever.

Who’s playing?

I just played a bunch this weekend. With the wife being pregnant and experiencing significant nausea, I’m not sure if I can get out to WL. I’ve been meaning to go play there. Where’s your home course?

Played Bear Slide in Cicero, IN the other day. I thought it was a great track - haven’t heard much about it here in this thread. Struck the ball well but couldn’t avoid some large numbers. I thought it was an interesting design that kept me engaged all 18, perhaps a bit penal. While decidedly not links, as it’s in farm country, they use fescue as the main hazard.

There seems to be a lot of public courses in Indy that I would put on the fairly expensive public track list but are great courses: Purgatory, Bear Slide, Prairie View, Trophy Club, The Fort, Brickyard.

2 Likes

Best wishes to the wife! Bear Slide is so ripe for a re-design of 9-11 and 15-18 it isn’t even funny. I love that place.

1 Like

You nailed it. Eleven stuck out to me as pretty dumb hole. I like 15 as an almost driveable par-4 but 16-18 were not great.

Thanks, man! We’re expecting twins so double the hormones double the nausea right now.

Interesting you say this is fairly expensive. Peak pricing is only 64 for a cart, 49 walking. Goes down to 39 after 3 everyday. Myself and @mbrittain88 played it before Hoosier Hayday and it was amazing. Definitely want to go back sometime, lots of visual trickery.

1 Like

You’re right, Trophy Club is not as expensive. I walk twilight there whenever I can and it is dirt cheap for the experience. I think I elevated it based on it’s merits without giving it’s due as affordable. I retract my earlier statement and regret the error.

Make sure you don’t do it again. This one goes on your permanent record though.

Joking aside, congrats on the expecting and see ya in 10 years! (I usually say 5 but twins = double)

One of those is not like the others…

EDIT: Sorry, I see it’s been done already. But seriously, why doesn’t everyone use the discount tee time services?

I love the fire for Trophy Club here on a Tuesday morning.

It’s still pretty fresh in my mind and haven’t played the others, but very much want to. After we played it, we thought it would be a prime spot for a meetup sometime. Great lil grill room/hang out area, patio, sweet logo. Might be happening, we shall see.

Trophy Club? Add in the 19th hole.

1 Like

Home track is Harbour Trees in Noblesville. It’s fun, but it’s definitely neighborhood golf. It’s good to get out in the great wide open sometimes. I’d go play purgatory if I could justify the cost.

My dad lives in Bedford, Indiana and has finally had enough of not getting any better. He is looking for an instructor. Willing to drive 2 hrs (to Indy) or so if needed. He’s in his early 60’s but still has 90-100 club head speed. Any recommendations?

Would anyone be interested in a Sweetens trip, probably late mid to late May? I’m trying to get enough people to rent out the Birdhouse.

Last minute notice, but I’m heading out to West Chase for 18 at 4P. Feel free to book online if you want to join.

Ha I live in Bedford! Two of my friends send their daughters to Anthony Bradley at French Lick. They all think he is good. Trackman use, etc.

1 Like