Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

We would obviously welcome you with open arms!

Unfortunately will not be able to make the Elks event. However, I do have a tee time for 4 on July 5th at Rock Hollow if anyone is interested in joining. 9:00am EST. I think will need 2. Only one friend said he could go. DM if interested.

5 on July 4th would work for me, but unfortunately I have to work on the 5th.

Hey, y’all. I’m back visiting from VA for the 4th. I’m staying at my folks on Lake Shafer (we are between Monticello and Monon) from today until I leave for the Peoria event next Friday morning. I can play pretty much any day except Saturday. Anyone out there want to get out?

I know I want to try to get to Sandy Pines this trip, and I usually get out to Tippecanoe CC at least once. Open to other spots as well.

Let me know.

1 Like

I would say check out some of the Lafayette golf. Both Purdue courses are worth a play!

Looking for some help from the Indy residents. My fiancée is going wedding dress shopping in Indianapolis the weekend of the 31st and I had a question. My parents used to live in Indy and my dad used to play at Eagle Creek constantly. Does anyone know what kind of shape the course is in? Also, does anyone know which one is the original course? He and I are driving my grandma up that day to go shopping with my fiancée, so I’m trying to surprise him with a round at his old favorite course.

Not sure either of the courses were “first”. Both are listed as 1975 everywhere that I can find.

I played the Sycamore course last year. Was in pretty good shape, except 18 green, where they had lost almost half of the green.

1 Like

Hmmmm, okay. Thanks for the heads up. I may do some more digging into it in terms of trying to figure out which course he played/which was his favorite. It looks like tee times are fairly easy to come by and the price looks pretty awesome too.

I never have any complaints about the condition of Eagle Creek. It’s always my go-to when I’m in town and want to play a cheap, quick 18. I mean, it’s not a country club or anything, but I played there a few times last year and it was in solid shape. I also can’t speak to if there was an original course, but I will tell you that the Sycamore course is far more interesting than the Pines. If you can’t figure out which was his preference, play the Sycamore.

1 Like

Just got back from NWI family lake trip. We were able to sneak out to Plymouth to play Pretty Lake Golf Club as well as Swan Lake (Black). Recent rains kept the rough “ruff”, but the greens were rolling true.

Courses were in great shape and the staffs were wonderful.

I’d go back to Swan Lake (Black), as the fun tricky routing definitely warrants multiple play as we lost way too many balls not knowing where to miss. Not to mention teeing off at 8 am equaled out to a sub 3 hour round!

Couple of items of note:

1. The split time zones of Indiana can wreak havoc on a tourist and their tee time.
  2. This Floridian laughing everytime I heard, “Man, the humidity is terrible this week.”
  3. The Indiana mosquito is undefeated.
2 Likes

Circling back on this. We just rolled over to Buffer Park since we were limited on time. That place was pure. 10/10 on hospitality. Guy was as nice a you can be in the clubhouse.

I’m new to the Indy area, looking for a good group to play with! From Grand Rapids, MI. I’ve been playing the Fort because it is right by my apartment! Joined a course across town and loving that but wouldn’t mind another weekday game or more people to golf with!

Cheers,
Nick

1 Like

Nick- my wife and I moved to the Yorktown / Muncie area last august from Grand Rapids. I play out of Delaware cc. Would love to get a game sometime.

1 Like

SoCal golfer who’s going to be in town Aug 6-9 for a wedding. Currently free for a round on Aug 6th, and will be staying in downtown Indy. If you only have 1 round to play, is there anywhere that you’d deem a must? I won’t have a car, but I don’t mind taking an uber/lyft somewhere within 30-45 minutes.

Anybody else happen to be free Aug 6th and looking to play?

Anybody ever play Culver Academy 9 hole course? Didn’t realize it was such a gem until reading Tom Coynes book. Is it open to the public?

Per their website: All guests must be accompanied by a student, alumni, or employee.

So yes, as long as you know someone

Andy,

Shoot me an email and we can set up a round! Nick@rhdtire.com

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with any of the big hitters: Brickyard, The Fort. Small 9 holer with Douglass Park, @Kgilles5 above went to Buffer Park and said it was pure, 10/10 on hospitality. Neat little pitch and putt on the north side called Shortees, if you wanna do some short game practice. Not sure how I feel about a course with the word shank in it but looks like Sarah Shank GC has some good reviews

It might be schtick, but hard to pass up Brickyard if I’m only playing 1 round. Just booked myself a time so thanks for the tip!

1 Like

You’re definitely making the right call going with the Brickyard. If you’re only in town for one round, that’s probably the place to go.