Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

Is there still a club golf team at IU? I played on it a few years ago and always thought it was a great time.

Would love to hear more people’s thoughts on Chariot Run. I am very clearly biased as I grew up 5 minutes down the road and my first job was there and have probably played it 200+ times, but leave there with the same thought that the place is utterly fantastic. Challenging, thought provoking, interesting and huge greens, consistent conditioning, and priced so well. What does everyone else think about this course. As someone who has caddied and spent a lot of time at Valhalla, truly think its the best course within 100 miles.

I played Chariots Run years ago once and just remember that is was really nice. If I remember correctly I didn’t have a very good day that day. I’d love to play it again one of these days.

Chariot Run is as fun as golf can be not near the ocean. Great mix of holes. Worst possible location.

Agree about the location!

I totally agree. Being from there, the location isn’t the greatest. Bill Bergin who built it has some other tracts that look similar that I would definitely be interested in checking out. Private stuff but pretty cool.

Have you played any courses in the Illinois side?

I’m about an hour and half southwest of there.

I’ve played mt carmel, quail creek in Robinson and spencer t olin in alton

1 Like

I’ve played both quail creek (once) and Mt Carmel (many times). Both good courses in their own right.

Playing Purgatory tomorrow, can’t wait! Has anyone been out there in the last week and can speak to course conditions (specifically are the greens punched)?

I play in the golfweek amatuer tour out of Indiana/Western Kentucky and we play Quail Creek each year. We play the Indianapolis tour at the end of the year in a Ryder Cup style tournament and 2 years ago we hosted it at Quail Creek. We played 3 days in a row with Saturday being a morning and afternoon session.

I have a hole in one on 18 at quail creek. Was piss drunk playing in a scramble last October. It just so happened to be Robinson’s homecoming so there were probably 50 parents/kids in the parking lot next to the green taking pictures when I made it. Boy did we let em know about it too.

2 Likes

Very cool! 18 is a tough par 3 to me, at least I’ve made it tough it seems :stuck_out_tongue:

Heard a rumor that Crooked Stick allows guest tee times late in the fall. Any credence to this? Can’t find anything online but maybe it’s not supposed to be either.

would be splendid if true!

1 Like

How was it? I am driving through Indianapolis on Friday on my way to Cincy and want to golf either at Purgatory or The Fort

I really doubt that. AFAIK from a member, they haven’t let guests out all year due to COVID, their play is up something like 240%, I can’t imagine them just taking open tee times now but it would be awesome if true!

I heard it from a guy at work, he thought he read it in a golf digest once. Tried to do some searching before asking but dead ends everywhere.

Good, greens were probably punched a few weeks ago so they were still a little bumpy in spots. Assuming they haven’t punched again, they should be great by Friday! Would recommend!

1 Like