Roll Call: Idaho- South

Alright I know its a long shot but I’m new to The Refuge, but wanted to see if Southern Idaho is repping the NLU strong? Lots of great sleeper tracks getting ready to open. Wanting to get a trip to Jackson and Moonlight Basin going real soon. Where are my mountain boys at?

1 Like

I’m not an Idaho guy, sorry for the false alarm on this notification. More so curious as to what is considered Southern Idaho?

I feel like EVERYTHING is South Idaho, aside from Coeur d’Alene

1 Like

Truuuue! There’s only 3 parts in Idaho. Coeur d’Alene, Boise, and everything else. A more appropriate title may be North, North Salt Lake. I live in a town called Pocatello which is about 2 hours north of SLC and 3 hours east of Boise. It’s great because we’re 3 hours away from world class skiing, golf, fishing, and pretty much any outdoor activity you can dream of.

I think you’ll both find there’s Upstate Idaho, also known as Gods Own Country, and then the Badlands. :man_shrugging:t4:

Very true. But getting to golf 11 months out of the year in the Badlands sure is nice!

1 Like

Boise checking in! Not looking forward to the temperature being higher than by score!

1 Like

Was supposed to be heading to Coeur d’Alene tomorrow for a month with my family.

Now I’m not.

#Screw_U_Covid

1 Like

I’m new to this page. A little late on this thread. I’m in Meridian if anyone needs a hack to play a round of golf with in the treasure valley.

Who here loves aerification? Pinecrest didn’t punch last year. And won’t next year.

Pinecrest is worthy of a golf trip during punch week: https://www.ngcoa.org/golf-business-weekly/2020/december/week-2/core-aerification

“Best Greens in Idaho”

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would search for a thread instead of making a new one. I live in the Boise/Treasure Valley area. Getting back into the the forums/golf.

1 Like

Welcome back! I know there are a few Boise people out there— I live in Pocatello, but make it over a few times each month. I’ll hit you up next time and bring my clubs!

1 Like

I grew up in the Treasure Valley and am meeting up with some HS classmates this week on a little golf trip through the valley.

My wife and I are coming to Boise in September for vacation……any courses you guys recommend? I’m considering Quail Hollow in Boise or Canyon Springs in Twin Falls. Will probably only have time for one……thoughts?

If you only had time to play one, I’d recommend the Boise courses over Canyon Springs. Views down in the canyon in Twin Falls (see Blue Lakes CC) are really good, but conditties on the public course (Canyon Springs) are pretty rough. Brutal summer on this side of the state and they’ve been on water restriction for the better part of 3 months.

Boise has a myriad of excellent courses, Quail Hollow near the top of my list. Good views, great elevation changes, and some challenging holes that make you think-- but nothing that’s going to make you feel like you have to grind over every shot. RedHawk is also really good if you’re looking for a challenge. Warm Springs is great if you like something with a lot of handshake holes.

2 Likes

Much appreciated….will look in to Red Hawk but thinking QH is the one.

Redhawk or Banbury.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’m moving to Mountain Home in a few months, anyone in the area surrounding?

I’m about 2.5 hours east of Mountain Home. There are a few Boise guys, but none that are super active on the refuge.

1 Like

Anyone familiar with public golf in Driggs?

Some buddies and I are trying to choose between booking at Teton Reserve ($60) in Victor or The Links at Teton Pines ($46) as we pass through the area.

Any suggestions would be welcome on which course to choose.

Both are nicer courses for the area. Teton Reserve would be my pick if you can only play one. Views of the Tetons this time of year are excellent over that way. It has a resort feel, but requires a lot more imagination to score well. Green complexes earlier this year were in great shape and it has a great atmosphere.