Roll Call - GB & IRE

I’m over in Castlewellan! Welcome

Bangor here. Welcome!

3 Likes

Hi all, new guy here from Derry NI, member at Greencastle, Donegal, keen to get a few rounds in once we can

6 Likes

Hello, Badger from sunny Cornwall UK here.

3 Likes

Hi All,

New guy here on the refuge from Newmarket, Suffolk. Hope everyone is keeping well in these crazy times. Like everyone, grateful for the NLU content whilst desperately waiting to get back out on the course!

Cheers

1 Like

Welcome @Cian, @Badger, @benswantonsport. We’ve a very active GB&I chapter of the de facto The Refuge golf society. Feel free to head over the the RACDG thread and register your details if you’re interested in getting added to the WhatsApp chat, where all the magic happens. Yesterday, a 36 hole trip to Sunningdale was mooted and booked for 24+ participants within about six hours.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Jon and definitely keen to be part of the GB&I chapter! Have registered my details on the Google Doc already. Cheers Ben

Sorry everybody, I’ve been shit recently at welcoming people into the GB&I group. Was away, then was ill, got behind and now I’m fat and lazy. :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Hi all,
New member here from Warrington in the North West. I currently play at
https://blundellshill.co.uk/ golf club.
Happy to meet up for a game sometime!

Thanks for the welcome fellas, I think I’ve registered on the google doc correctly, but not my strong suit by any stretch, Mr Cad, I am firmly with you in your current category in this climate

2 Likes

Hi. Elderly Brit here, lived and worked in England all my life but now retired so moved to the Highlands. Late starter at golf, but not too bad for a novice who was already beyond help; and there are worse places to play bad golf than Royal Dornoch and Brora, now my home clubs.

5 Likes

Hello, thanks for the welcome. I’ll head over to the thread right now :blush:

Royal Dornoch AND Brora?!

Wowsers. Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. Dornoch and Brora are only 16 miles apart. And you can join both for less money than it cost me to be a member of one club in England. So quite privileged, yes.

3 Likes

Welcome! Come and join us in the worldwide refuge golf society, the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers (see the posts above), the water’s warm over here. We have members of Sunningdale, West Hill, Woking, Swinley Forest, West Sussex, Centurian, Portstewart etc. #Getinvolved

Oh, you’re gonna be popular buddy…!

I hope you have a big house up there in Sutherland. With lots of floor space for sleeping bags. :joy:

Hmm. Maybe I’d better plan on maintaining a policy social distancing… :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi All,
New to the refuge, London based and recently joined Reigate Heath GC…great timing. Keen to get some golf organised in the area once this all blows over!

3 Likes

Welcome! We have a large group in London and surrounding areas. Everything I’ve heard about Reigate Heath has been fantastic. It’s near the top of my list when this is all over.

2 Likes

Hi All

Just joined the refuge, based in Kent/London. Been a very sporadic player down the years, but determined to get out and play more regularly once we’re allowed to again. Hope everyone’s keeping well and sane during these crazy times.

3 Likes