Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I’m not sure, but I’ll probably be finding out this winter. Probably won’t waste my time in snow but I could probably layer up and play in 28f+.

1 Like

Will play as long as there isn’t snow and it’s still in the 20s. Once you’re walking it feels good. It’s a mild form of exercise.

2 Likes

Solid course. Although the back to back par 3 9th and 10th always get me.

Could only get a tee time at Chapel Hill today. Course was hot garbage.

20’s and no snow, try and play every month of the year

EDIT- and if it’s sunny with no wind, it’s really fair game.

3 Likes

Shoutout to that condemned looking building with all the bullet (ball) holes. I assume that had to the clubhouse back in the day, and by back in the day I mean 1977.

Real vibes of Fresh Meadow in terms of “what organized crime outfit is cleaning cash here”

Almost went out there today but went around Settler’s Hill twice.

Chapel Hill is tolerable in the height of the summer, neat track tho.

1 Like

That’s the clubhouse now, other building was burned down.

It’s got some bones. Remove about 300 trees, get rid of the 700 yard hole and get sand in the damn bunkers.

1 Like

Had couple chances to be at Top golf or the range during a snowstorm last year, definitey a…cool experience

1 Like

Played “Fresh” Meadows for the first and last time this summer…

2 Likes

When I played it I’m pretty sure it had a tarp covering a massive hole in the roof? Interesting place.

Ah, Fresh Ghettos, I should have been killed by a golf ball here numerous times. The last time I played here was actually on 9/11.

4 Likes

Ravisloe just posted on Instagram that they’re offering winter rates. Just letting everyone here know in case you aren’t on the Gram.

4 Likes

Village of Johnsburg saved that land from being turned into a autism center. First season they seemed to be sinking some money into it but seems to have cut back this year.

Saved is a loose term. The Village bought it because they didn’t support the autism center being developed there.

The land was previously in the City of McHenry, since Johnsburg had no authority over a shared use plan, they sniped the land last minute.

Johnsburg then annexed the land into the village. It has yet to turn a profit for the village.

Classic NIMBY, but rarely seen from an entire government entity.

Like an Autism Center is such a blight to a community (tic). Lots of competition as well when it comes to golf in that area so no surprise they arent profitable. Mchenry CC down the road has 2 million dollar deficit with their equity membership.

2 Likes

McHenry CC is in a tough place.

1. They need younger membership.
  2. Their legacy members treat everyone like shit.
  3. They can’t turn their ‘buddy’ members into memberships because of their legacy members.
  4. The legacy members love trees, and the course needs to remove hundreds.

TaylorMade literally started at McHenry Country Club, it should be a bigger deal than it is.

Practice area is really good and mostly unguarded.

3 Likes

Very good assessment of Mchenry CC (i am a young associate member). I cant get the rest of my saturday game to leave otherwise i would probably head to Kemper Lakes or The Grove. I do love the ability to jump on to 12 or 7 right off the practice range and how walker friendly it is on the positive side.

Jumping on at 7 was my solo move as well. Depending on time, you could do 7 through 13. If there was decent pace out there I’d play 17 holes, start on 7, skip 1 and come back around.

Not sure where rates are now, but once the ‘buddy’ deal was over, BVGC was a far more attractive option for the price range.