Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

6:30 Wed at the river north location looks open. We could get a few different bays if we have more than 4. Same times avail at Lincoln Park (More open parking) Thursday.

Whos feeling festive?

1 Like

Im in

I can do either. Easy parking would be really nice though.

Game, LP probably best on my end too but either is good

Grabbed a bay from 6:30-9 on Thurs at the Lincoln Park location.

@Mr.Sunday @Setwilli @JwG3 ….anyone else?

2 Likes

What’s up everyone! Setting up a little Michigan golf for next year (Aug 2023). Trying to get 32 guys to come to Kalamazoo and play! If anyones interested pop your name in the sheet!

4 Likes

As the year winds down and we have time to reflect on the outings and rounds we played this year, wanted to get some reminiscing thoughts flowing about all of our favorite rounds, most fun course played, best shot of the year, etc. Anything from this past season that makes you warm inside as you look outside at the blistery cold and upcoming snow.

Post up your memories/recap from the 2022 golf season! We all need something to do over the next two weeks as we coast through our jobs, look forward to reading everyone’s highlights.

Best Shot: Diamond Springs #15 (Played as the 6th holes), 240ish Par 4, hit a 19* hybrid to 3 feet, was the end of a hot round to go 4 up in the match vs a west coast flocker.

Favorite new course played:

Locally, finally got out to Bowes Creek. The course just fit my eye and my game, and loved it, shot an 81 with several missed putts that could have put me sub 80.

Outside of IL: All the GR courses slapped and can’t pick a favorite. However I did play the Gallery North in Tucson earlier this year, as my first intro to desert golf, it was a ton of fun.

Favorite Round: playing Schaumburg with @EConroy419 and @Setwilli , windy all day and got caught in a downpour, but that was a great way to close the season.

16 Likes

I unfortunately have to bow out. The lady and I are doing our Christmas before heading down south and trying to get out of town before this forecasted storm hits.

1 Like

Too bad! I specifically requested the bay with the lowest ceiling so I could hear you bang clubs off the air duct in your backswing.

6 Likes

That is a terrifying noise. Ask the poor guy working at the one off Dearborn who came running back asking if everything was ok.

1 Like

Best Shot: Hitting the 9th green (par 5) at Medinah #1 in regulation from 230y/uphill over water with 3w. Bad drive, bad punch, hero approach.

Favorite new course played:
Illinois: I didn’t play a ton of new courses this year after looking back at my golf note on my phone I’m gonna say Medinah #1. Lots of fun greens out there. Big thanks to @TheChains for that opportunity as well as @wseitz26 and @McDuffin for the great company.

Outside of IL: Mammoth Dunes. Legitimately the most fun I have ever had on a golf course. Tons of width off the tee and any halfway decent approach shot will lead to a 10 footer for bird. And every par 5 was gettable if you listen to your caddy and hit the right speed slot.

Favorite Round: Not a round necessarily but the day my girlfriend and I spent up at Sand Valley. 2 rounds on the Sandbox, 1 on Mammoth. When we weren’t playing we were watching groups finish up on the big courses. Really made my excitement for Bandon next year grow after seeing how well the Keisers run a golf resort.

13 Likes

Not driving 9 green at MP twice and almost hitting the groups both times after saying there’s no way you can drive the green with your hot ass 3 wood?

9 Likes

It was a tough choice.

3 Likes

Best Shot : torn between my third into 17 at the MP outing. blew my second wide right hit a towering flop over the trees to four feet. That or the last round I played this year missed an ace by inches at 13 bridges the day after thanksgiving.

Favorite New Course: Rancho Park in LA. In Illinois the only new track I played was heritage oaks.

Favorite Round: Guessing Mudness is a given so it’s a split between my match pillow fight with @EConroy419 or the scramble in the pouring rain with @BadBrad with the 1 iron.

9 Likes

I keep scorecards from fun rounds in my scorecard holder until it’s too full, that’s one I kept.

4 Likes

Best Shot: shanking it onto the road on number 7 at MP or getting up and down from the woods with a persimmon driver at the Burban Memorial on number 4 at Spring Valley

Favorite New Course: The Mines in Grand Rapids…not Chicago but it was the coolest course I played all year

Favorite Round: Final round of GR trip with @BadBrad when we broke out our Azinger impressions

9 Likes

I still hear that noise from the shank on 7 in my head on occasion.

1 Like

Not the porta john sound?

2 Likes

Shots from 2022 I will not forget:

• 5iron that hit a flying goose midair
  • Driver that rolled halfway onto the 5’ wide bridge at Olympia Fields #14
  • 15 foot putt to rob @TeddyPargame on OF#17
12 Likes

Favorite new course: Pilgrims Run. Worth a trip just for that course

Favorite new course in IL: PrairieView, Byron IL. Absolutely loved it and would love to play some Iowa or Rockford guys.

Favorite shot: sticking it to 10 feet on Mt. Prospect #17 from 18 tee after going solo blind in Wolf

Least favorite shot: @EConroy419 draining his birdie putt also on MP#17 to push in Wolf. Santa was watching you jabroni

8 Likes