Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Here are my notes from the captains meeting. Please reach out with any questions. If you ordered Levelwear merch you can expect it this time next week.

5 Likes

GB&I can get fucked.

Demand a recount.

7 Likes

tell that VAT shouldn’t count.

Playing it tomorrow for the first time. Any advice?

Pine Meadow? It’s pretty straightforward. Second half of the front nine is a little pedestrian, but the back nine is pretty strong. Some interesting angles that mess with your alignment a bit, and some big greens that are tougher than they look. Greens had been pretty slow for a number of years, but rolled OK. Not sure what kind of shape it’s in now. Lots of trees, but more for show than anything. The playing corridors are pretty wide. It was my go-to for a long time because I could usually get out on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon as a single, and I was boycotting Ravisloe at that time.

2 Likes

I had a twilight membership at Pine Meadow last year. Greens were a tough scene but the back nine is legit an awesome nine holes. There was one week the greens were great as they were setting up for a women’s amateur tournament I think , but then they were slow again haha

4 Likes

Former South Bend resident, now back in his native Scotland…

I’m visiting the U.S. for my 40th in September and will be in Chicago 9/14-16. I’ve Olympia Fields North set up for 9/13, but am figuring out the other two days. Advice and company are always welcome!

Also: if anyone has any leads for sourcing a metal ball marker from Briarwood or Mt. Prospect I’d be very grateful. I collect them for all the courses I play, and neither had them in stock when I played back in the day.

I’ll be at Briarwood at some point in the next couple of months. I’ll see if they have any.

1 Like

Will check MP on Sun.

1 Like

Seeing as these are week days, I’d see if you can get on dunes club Wednesday or Thursday. It’s in new Buffalo which is a couple hours away. It’s Mike keiser’s first course.

Then if you’re willing I’d make the drive to Erin Hills. You could play spring valley in Salem Wisco on the way for a hell of a strapped/c suite double header.

If you’re trying to stay closer to the city then our poll on favorite courses in the area is just above.

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t make it to Wisconsin when I lived in South Bend, but I’m hoping to do a Lake Michigan road trip some time in the future.

And by “hoping…” I mean “I have the itinerary mapped out on google maps already.”

1 Like

from Imgflip Meme Generator

@Redan - it’s worth playing if you haven’t seen it in a while

20 Likes

I played Mt. Prospect in fall 2015, fairly soon after it opened, and enjoyed it a lot. Logistics meant I didn’t make it back. I’m up for 36 hole days, so perhaps I’ll try that.

1 Like

(Submits screenshot for 10% off next round/Sunday)

6 Likes

Had a random thought for one of our July/August event vacancies…Calumet Country Club could be a cool host considering a) it’s cheap, b) it’s pretty easy to get to, c) it’s BYOB (thinking some craft beer activations), d) they might let us legit tailgate and bring grills or something, and e) iT’s A rOsS.

6 Likes

@McDuffin reached out, don’t know if he’s heard back

1 Like

Nothing yet, I’ll reach back out to them now

Anybody want a spot in the Ravisloe event next Saturday?

EDIT: pending while @BadBrad waits to see if his buddy can play

2 spots open Saturday on Ravines 10:06 AM with @VenkmansLament.

It's just a doll. It's just a stupid little plasti... - Tumbex

I would be interested in it becomes available