Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

They are actually getting rid of their clubhouse come October and building a new one. They are also doing some renovations to some bunkers, specifically the one on the 8th hole.

2 Likes

Surprised at the lack of love for Pine Meadow. Has it just gotten into bad shape? I used be at that place at least twice a month when I was single and lived in the City. Also partial to Prairie Landing, but that’s because I won the club championship there 11 years ago, though I have played it maybe twice since.

3 Likes

Are they getting a new trailer or a permanent clubhouse? what are they doing to bunkers on 8?

They definitely just left the old infrastructure there and was disjointed 4 green to 5 tee but allowed for bag drop and walk with driver.

I really enjoy SV, interestingly outside of the collection runoff areas and front parts of the green, there is no fringe, it transitions from tight putting surface to 3" lush rough. I had 3-4 poorly executed bellied wedges jammed up against the collar. and that’s the Rub of the Green
has anyone used there new short game practice area on the south side of the parking lot?

1 Like

Need three for 6:30am Sunday (May 8) at Downers Grove Golf Club (9 holes)…who is interested?

Get up early, play with me and pick up flowers and Starbucks for Mother’s Day on the way home…you’ll be home by 9, and can still go to brunch or whatever you have planned. Show me where your priorities are:)

Paging @Pinehurts, @LeftysLoose, @wseitz26 , @andrewf, anybody else? Lurkers welcomed

3 Likes

This is the opening stretch of Lost Marsh. Please stop with the disinformation.

10 Likes

Since I’m celebrating Saturday, I may just be in for this. I will keep you posted.

Ooh. I may be in. Wanted to play early for this very reason. Not feeling super great at the moment (not the 'VID) so I’ll be watching this space…

put me down as likely to play. Thanks, @Xlink

Boy do I have some words for them…

12 Likes

What do you refugees think of Sanctuary (New Lenox)?
I played it again Monday after work and absolutely hate it… especially holes 3, 5, 14 & 18 …

1 Like

Yes but I find it impossible to get a tee time on the weekends earlier than 11am

(ignore the fact that I just looked and multiple slots are open on Mother’s day)

Big Pine Meadow fan, but didn’t quite make my top 3 mainly cause of the drive.

Look man, fer sure.

1 Like

@ChiFFI and I are playing MP at 6:30am Sunday if anyone wants to join. Two spots left open online.

how long until the first BBA Beer is opened? @ChiFFI

2 Likes

Would be in if there ends up being space.

1 Like

6:15.

(My last no kid MD)

2 Likes

Permanent club house. They are making the bunkers in front of the green on 8, 3 different bunkers instead of one huge one. The bunkers on 10/17 island are now grass and they added trees.

1 Like