Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

No such thing as bad press. Embrace the hate.

4 Likes

I love the Chicago outfit name, thought some on the potential logos looked sick!

You missed out on the one guy in the Quad Cities, I took my “talents” to the land of cheese. You will miss my sky-rocketing handicap and positive reinforcement.

3 Likes

As for the central Illinois crew bolting for St. Louis? That’s shameful.

3 Likes

the beers and ideas were flowing between @McDuffin and myself last night. Considering hosting an event at Calumet in April (actually going to do it this time) and we bandied about ideas of team play. Thinking teams of 2 with an alt shot round in the AM and a team best ball or other event in the afternoon. As far as I know CCC is still byob so that’s a tick in the pro column. Not sure if this would fit in with the Roost or if we just do it as an event but this cold weather has me wanting to plan for golf. Any interest?

13 Likes

Just workshopping the #content!

When you put a sick burn on another city’s thread but want the outfit to see :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Bumping the Roost sign up for anyone that maybe has not seen yet.

TLDR: We’re becoming an official NLU club that will compete against others from the region and ultimately the country in an event late summer 2022. I have volunteered to be your NLUnion rep and coordinate our events with NLU brass.

Is anyone opposed to our Roost team of four guys coming from the following events?

1. Mudness
  2. Match play bracket
  3. Breakfast Ball league (those guys are the sickest of us all and deserve to send someone to the championship)
  4. Low net at Mt. Prospect.
11 Likes

12 Likes

If we get a Wisconsin Roost, the Burban Memorial should be on this list. Early matchups.

4 Likes

That can definitely be a Roost v Roost event! Unfortunately I will not be able to attend next year on that date :frowning:

Someone take a shot of bad whiskey for me next to Burban’s grave.

1 Like

had a long drive today and got to listen to the November Nest pod. Was really exciting thinking of all the possibilities here, and I really like what you’ve arrived at. Also seems like we should challenge the St. Louis Roost to some kind of Ryder Cup style match. Peoria would be halfway in between, but obviously they’ve been compromised. So maybe for year one maybe we choose a neutral site like TPC Deere run? Then we can have a season long points race to determine who represents us in that event.

3 Likes

I’d like to preemptively say that at the end of 2022 I will be moving back down to Central IL right on the territory line. My allegiance IS for sale and I would not be opposed to being a double agent for the right price

4 Likes

If the southern Illinois v. Chicago thing tourney is not for the “crown” of our region I don’t necessarily believe it has to be restricted to anyone that wins a point race. TPC Deere run’s an awesome course and the more the merrier!

3 Likes

From timeline perspective this wouldn’t work so don’t take this seriously;

If one of the events were to be War at the Shore… think of the carnage of trying to get a spot for repping the Chicago roost by playing canal shores backwards in November

11 Likes

Before you ramp up the careless slander, I think we need to really dissect what happened today.

Chicago sent @BabblingBrooksKoepka of all people to recruit me. He kept talking about a return to glory for the Golden Domers and said he could turn me into the next Brady Quinn or Jimmy Clausen. None of which sounded all too appealing, to be honest.

Secondly, your “outfit” is being led by @EConroy419 who is an Illinois State alum. This would only lead to arguments about how embarrassing their student section is for a school of that size and me reminding him that the Doug Collins era doesn’t count as recent success for ISU basketball. Some things just can’t work. A Bradley gui working in lockstep with an ISU gui is one of these things, unfortunately.

8 Likes

If only I still had my “Peoria smells like BU-tt” shirt from my days in Normal for our first Roost event…

6 Likes

4 Likes

Hit me up when you’re ready for that MAC-tion.

Huskie football was on the rise.

1 Like

I’m an ISU alum myself ('16-'20) yet I find myself with a foot in both camps somehow. On one hand, the 2016-17 Redbirds would run circles around any Braves team of the last decade (we could take this offline). On the other hand, Dan Muller is borderline incompetent which allows the remainder of @kevjones 's statements to ring true. We currently suck and student section is abysmal.

I feel like my dad is taking up with the confederacy and my brother with the union. I just want to golf :confused:

p.s. Not for nothin, Brady Quinn threw a seductive spiral

2 Likes