Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Multiple meals at Frontera isn’t the worst thing. Really allows you to explore the menu.

3 Likes

yeah i’d for sure have a summer house cookie if i were you as well.

us locals don’t get to set up camp in ohare for that long. enjoy yourself!

Last call for this weekend at Canal Shores!
Come play “backwards” THROUGH the heart of Evanston

2 Likes

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, let me know if I need to post elsewhere. I haven’t touched my clubs in 3 months and I’m looking to jumpstart my game this winter.

I will be at my in-laws house in Downers Grove from 11/18-11/29. Does anyone have an instructor in the chicagoland area that would be willing to see me for a few sessions?

Hey, I live in Downers Grove…enjoy the visit.

The Mistwood Golf Dome is in Bollingbrook, which is a 10-20 minute drive depending on where you are at in DG. They offer lessons that you can book online with a few different pros, John Platt has high regards from my Dad.

A bit farther away in Naperville(20-30min) is Golf House-Naperville , they have a few folks who give lessons. I have worked with Jon Staton and think he is great. Its not a dome like Mistwood but they use Trackman for the hitting bays.

4 Likes

thanks for the recommendations, i will check it out

Hop on the train and head to Logan square. Hit up a coffee shop and wander around.

1 Like

I should have. I got on a potential standby at 2, so I didn’t want to run around. But in retrospect i should have just accepted 8:20 and went and did something cool.

2 Likes

I’m an instructor at golfhouse in Naperville with Jonathan. We updated our facility in the past few months so ill be sure to post some photos. We really appreciate the shoutout!

8 Likes

Should I try White Deer Run for $75 or stick with Sunset Valley?

Depends if you like to walk. WDR not very walkable. Has some cool holes, and typically conditions are very good but overall very much a housing development course.

Oak Grove was a murder scene today. Absolutely slammed.

Infamous 11th hole has been opened up, see tee and second shot above.Playing partner hit 8i and 2i for a clean birdie.

Yes that’s three groups within 180 yards of each other.

5 Likes

anybody ever play Fresh Meadow in Hillside?

Two interesting bits are 2, 3, and 9 all run along the end of the driving range and in some cases, you really arent that far away. The 3rd tee box and start of fairway were littered with range balls.

Then there is the 17th. Dog leg left with not a lot of trees stopping you from cutting the corner. What does stop you , though, is the humans on the 11th green.

If you want to cut the corner, you are going over the bunker near the 11th and if you snap hook your drive, well you are going to nail people on the 11th green.

Always danger of wayward shots hitting people, but this seemed like an extreme.

Red here shows not cutting it, with the yellow line going over trees and people putting.

6 Likes

As a past “member” of Fresh Ghettos The 17th is much more fun to play the huge slice over the 11th green. You have to miss right tho because anything short is a tough approach.

3 Likes

I want to know if someone has driven #14 green

edit - had my nines flipped

I’ve seen it done during a league from the 1 ups. Takes a huge carry but is downhill.

1 Like

i was just saying to my playing partners. i wish they moved the tees up. From the whites it is 250 to get in, 280 to carry. I doubt many will go for it, and if they can hit it that far, they are probably playing the blues, 20 yards back. So its really always going to be a layup. I guess it can be a fun test of picking the right number to lay up to. Kind of like an easier version of the 14th at Blackstone.

Also one green had a sprinklerhead, one green had an extra hole still in, and one hole had what looked like an extra hole dug in plus another little thing dug in.

Lastly, the greens looked like they were punched last week. Im not familiar with course schedules, but it seems like its a little late in the season to still see recently punched greens. With how wild the course is, playing on arretaed greens was fitting.

1 Like

I work on Quincy Ave, think I’ll stop by this week! My swing is very broken.

Let me know when and I’ll get you setup with a trackman account and a hitting bay!

1 Like

Make more putts, @anon3021505! :joy::joy::joy:

Hope you made it home safe, and at least got some Garrett’s or something?

4 Likes