Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

There’s a very large group that would ride for Mt Prospect GC here.

Old Orchard is fun, Deerfield, Cog Hill, Preserve at Oak Meadows are some others

3 Likes

I came here to say this haha. Only been here since August so I am still working on trying new courses but this is a favorite.

4 Likes

A few top favorites of mine are

Lost Marsh (about 20 mi from downtown, but in Indiana)
Silver Lake Country Club
Ravisloe

@TCRBrad figured I’d take the the Southside courses since you hit the nail on the north/west side courses.

3 Likes

If you ever wanna play Mt. Prospect just give me a holler. I live a few minutes away and just bought a season pass so I’m trying to get out as much as possible to make the investment worth it.

3 Likes

What expressway are you closest to? I’m sure the gang could put together a road trip map for you to try over the summer

1 Like

30min driving is gonna be a bottleneck for you. driving to the courses on the north side that people on here like (Mount Prospect, Sunset Valley, etc) will often get you stuck in traffic that makes the drive take 2x as long. Going out to Cog Hill or down to Ravisloe are usually a better bet to keep that drive time in check. (biased take coming from a guy who lives on the south side of downtown)

1 Like

From best to worst: Sunset Valley, Harborside (borderline not that affordable), Calumet, Glencoe, Wilmette, Deerfield. I don’t have enough experience w Mt Prospect to rank it.

1 Like

Speaking of Mt Prospect, I am thinking of hitting it up for a twilight round on Saturday after I do some wedding stuff in the suburbs. Was looking at the 4:10pm tee time that is currently open. Could probably get approx. 15 holes in before sunset.

1 Like

I can be on 90/94 in 3 minutes from my place (noble square). Assumed Mt Prospect and Ravisloe would show up on the list. My favorites are Schaumburg GC, Glenview Park and The Preserve right now. Just need more options since weekend tee times are booked up so quickly once you’re within the 7 day in advance time frame

1 Like

Need to get out on Ravisloe this year

1 Like

Every time i try to book Mt P the times don’t fit my schedule. Looks incredible though

It’s pretty awesome. A bit on the high side during the summer but I love going there in the fall and the spring.

1 Like

High side being >$70?

Correct. If I am walking I try not to pay more than $50.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the boat i’m in too. Playing seven bridges tomorrow morning, $59 to walk is tough

1 Like

Dunno what the rates will be this year but weekday walking rates at Preserve were <$50 last year.

There are some objectively bad holes (shoutout #9-10) but it’s a fun course that is usually in pretty good shape and is highly walkable. Great match play course as there are a lot of risk-reward decisions. It’s sister course, Maple Meadows, is pretty good too IMO.

1 Like

love the preserve, but have only played #1-13 (darkness). need to play all 18 this year

1 Like

Assuming you don’t want to hit up Robert Black, Columbus Park, or Billy Caldwell in the city there’s also Tam O’Shanter in Niles, Indian Boundary, Arlington Lakes, and Salt Creek (if you want to live the strapped lyfe).

1 Like

Yeah I play sydney a couple times a year and thats probably enough of those types of courses for me lol

The breakfast ball bois hearing this…

9 Likes