Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Been using for golf, attending sporting events for years. Much lighter, sleeker than the rechargeable bricks. You do get some nice kerosene hints though.

1 Like

I 100% thought this was some newfangled weed technology when he pulled it out and asked for a lighter the other day at MP.

4 Likes

Now we need one that heats your hands and your greens

1 Like

I could absolutely figure out a way to smoke out of that thing

4 Likes

Taking a moment to reflect on the year so far and wanted to say thanks and shoutout everyone that has taken the initiative to organize events and get folks together, everything on the spectrum from using this thread to find a fourth up to renting out a course for a day. Truly has been a highlight for many of us to join in and follow along.

Off the top of my head -
Breakfast Ball League (@TeddyPargame)
Cog Hill Ravines Event (@EConroy419)
Olympia Fields Event (@TheAbeFroman)
Matchplay Bracket (@JBors)
War at the Shores (@TCRBrad)

How great is next year gonna be? no pressure Pfizer

14 Likes

@PinkPantser after tabulating wolf hammer at 7:15 a.m. on a sleepy thursday morning…

7 Likes

oh yeah sorry, forgot to tell you, i’m popping this hole and did you hear me throw the hammer?

3 Likes

Despite the gauntlet of fuckery that has been 2020, maybe my biggest issue is that I didn’t get to play with you after like March.

1 Like

Oh trust me…the year-end post I’m going to write before the Refuge goes behind the paywall is going to be sappy af

What a great year for golf, so thankful to have all you knuckleheads in it

4 Likes

After getting smoked by you at Cog this statement induces fear. Deep in my loins.

3 Likes

Imagine it happening to you every Thursday at 6am. I self medicate to sleep these days as a result

7 Likes

Speaking of Cog…would anyone wanna do Ravines and Dubs in one day for next year’s event? Working with Cog was literally the easiest three emails I’ve ever sent and I’m sure with enough lead time we could get a block in the morning on Ravines and a block on Dubsdread in the afternoon.

Hounding people to pay who have since gone 100% dark on this thread was the absolute worst tho.

11 Likes

i tried to rattle him by calling him jon for half the summer. didn’t work.

3 Likes

As much as i liked Cog, I was just thinking how I’d like to do something different next year. May I suggest Bowes or Highlands? Always need an excuse to go there. Also, never been to Oak Meadows.

1 Like

…we could just have outings at those places too. No one said we can only have one a year!

Before I get voluntold to schedule said outings I will only do Cog and Mount Prospect for 2021. I already have a rescheduled bachelor party to worry about.

4 Likes

@PhilsSignedGlove and I played 36 that day (well 34, it got dark) and it was exhausting. Granted, we did walk most of it except that I got a cart for the back 9 on dubs and nearly ran him over going down the hill on the 13th, sorry about that again my dude.

So ya, I do think 36 at Cog Hill is a fun time but one or the other of the rounds should probably be like a scramble or alternate shot or something that is less physically taxing.

3 Likes

Wait did he have to jump out of the way or something?

confirmed teacher

3 Likes

I will volunteer to coordinate an event at Calumet. Say a proper farewell.

2 Likes

Do other fields not use that word?