Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Just not as close to the city as the Gowanus out here in Brooklyn.

Wait til they make a course on Wolf Lake. Fishing at the turn

1 Like

Critically undervalued waterfront recreation real estate.

2 Likes

When my old residence, the Hotel Tokyo, was shutdown for being “hazardous to public health” and “a thriving, low-grade brothel,” I realized that I was done with city life and it was time to settle down in the burbs.

Checks out…

Thought of you as a Plymouth Hotel gui.

2 Likes

I gravitated towards the Japanese aesthetic

3 Likes

I believe this thread and the like survive. Personally it has been great for meeting up for rounds (several pre 6 am with @TeddyPargame and city crew, and a frost delayed frigid start with @EConroy419 just today among many), course recs and several planned events and unplanned gatherings.

If anyone starts doxing those that want to be anonymous online, goes full racist or has pro opinions on St. Louis pizza, we’re at risk.

3 Likes

Eating Imo’s as we speak.

1 Like

Where is that flagged button.

2 Likes

I’m gonna dox TCRBrad unless he releases the OF photos

4 Likes

He did take great pains to hide himself and employer.

3 Likes

5 Likes

The second funnest round I had was when we did a four ball match at Mt. Prospect. Hopefully there is a way to keep some momentum on that as we move forward.

The most fun round was when my wife and I got a babysitter for 9 and we’re having Manhattans by 10:15

4 Likes

Mid 40’s next weekend… perfect time to play 9 and see if you can beat the temp. Anybody in for a Sydney spin in the afternoon?

1 Like

Sun or pending Hawkeyes on Sat.

2 Likes

Hmm…I’m thinking you and I might need to have an Illinois Iowa match on course sometime

1 Like

I’m in the nest. This thread and occasionally the travel section are all I look at in the Refuge. I joined the Nest and will remain a member because I love the digital content - just hope the guys don’t spend my $90 all in one place.

I hope this thread stays in front as it would appear - there’s a lot of important business next year from getting the boxcar off the ground to the Chicago match play. Leeeet’s go!

1 Like

I’d be down for marovitz next weekend if it’s I the 40s

1 Like

Player Ravisloe today with @rmbartell. Was told it’s the last day open this year and for it being the end if it all, let me just say it was in amazing shape.

Got to play 27 bc they sent us off the back nine and when we asked play an extra 9 they said go right ahead. One thing I did learn there today was how easy high scores can be at Ravisloe when you hit poor tee shots. The bunkering is outstanding and frustrating, mostly because I kept hitting right it into them.

@TCRBrad the Wilson Raw balls were put through the ringer today and lived to tell the tale.

6 Likes

Anyone interested in Mt. Prospect on Saturday morning? With the exception of today, weather looks dry this week. Temps 30-45 this weekend

1 Like