Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Biggest TH review for players not in the 7-14 HCP range like I am comes from a buddy whos low 20’s HCP:

“Play the Silver Tees to take all the stupid carries out, and this course makes a lot more sense.”

I couldn’t agree more with you there. As a gui in the 0-2 range, playing with other guis who are in the +5-3 range, we play the blacks or the brass (?), depending on conditions. But when the group expanded to include the 12-20 folks, things needed to be changed up a little. We did move them up to the 2 ups and they were okay, though probably would have been better served to have seen the course at least once, as well.

1 Like

If I were you, these are places I’d check:

Sportsman’s (especially after the renovation)
Mt Prospect
Schaumburg (especially after the renovation…it’s really good)
Village Links of Glen Ellyn

Only reason I’m out on Sunset Valley is because they don’t have a range

1 Like

Ravisloe has a good option that I believe is cheaper. If I’m remembering correctly, it’s about $3k but changes year-to-year

Love Schaumburg, one of my favorites in the area. I’ll check out the others!

1 Like

I looked into Ravisloe. Haven’t played it, only concern is there is never a lull in traffic between my place and there - it’s always at least an hour long drive. Layout of the track looks awesome though

I’d say it’s easier to get to than Cog but I loathe I-55 traffic

2 Likes

Totally fair. I live a bit north of the loop and getting onto the interstate here is a nightmare 24/7 going south

Did a similar thing this year, but unless you go out 3-4 times a week, it was hard to justify it. Plus being a nomad leads to fun adventures. Lots of cool and different type courses around here.

3 Likes

BIG fan of the nomad rota:

4 Likes

no old head?

8 Likes

You’re probably super close to me, I’m in noble square. But yeah that’s what i think I’ll do, i was just curious if you could make it worth it anywhere.

1 Like

Is that this year?

1 Like

Yessir! Foxford Hills will be added on Saturday :slight_smile:

This is what happens when a Single A baseball photographer doesn’t have baseball…

2 Likes

Jealous you got to play Olympia Fields. Fox Bend would have been my all time low round if i didnt iccarito on the last 3 holes. Was about to shoot a 76, but went double, double, double to limp to the finish line.

3 Likes

I know that game…

1 Like

Man I tried SO hard to post a stupid low round there, started off -2 thru 4, was even thru 10, then doubled the 11th, was on in 2 on 5 and 3 putted, and doubled the next par 3.

Still love that course though, the bunkering there is really damn good and the back 9 along the water is really fun

I’m a lefty so I love 13… I go full Bubba on that one to turn the corner.

Agreed, I just wish it wasn’t so damn far away from the city.

1 Like

If that wheel doesn’t spin live I’m wayyyy out.

Let’s just turn the third 18 into life size mini golf. An island green that moves mid swing, who says no?

3 Likes

ohhhhh, I like this game, let’s make a life size mini golf course from obnoxious local holes. I submit Number 11 at Grand Geneva (97% sure Brute) Par 5, where there is a silo that is in play off the tee. Speaking from experience.

Anchor green, for obvious reasons:

That stupid 88 yard downhill at Settlers Hill, 3 or 4

2 Likes