Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Yeah, I’m not a huge Stonewall Orchard fan myself…

What time are you thinking?

1 Like

Preferably around 10am - I’ve gotta double check some stuff but I’ll get back to you within the next day or two.

1 Like

The one and only time I played Stonewall was for a web.com qualifier practice round with the dude I was looping for. To say I was glad that I wasn’t the one that had to hit the shots that day is probably a pretty big understatement. He shot an effortless 69 and wasn’t even close to making it through, of course.

2 Likes

Not great, but solid. I’d add 5, 10, 12, and 18 as well (4, 6, and 11 are perfectly fine par 3s. 2 and 7 are nice par 5s). But are any of them, like, REALLY good? Virtually every hole there is “really solid” (15 is a little tight for my liking, nice green complex, though)

I say this with great respect for a new Camry. Solid car, absolutely nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

Same here. Especially 18. That green complex is horrible.

Wanted to wish @TheAbeFroman best of luck this weekend in Bermuda!

11 Likes

Gui is an alpha.

1 Like

Saw this on New Club’s IG…the lost 3rd course at Harborside, and it looks SO good

5 Likes

Having played both this season…one is easier, the other is more scenic.

Both are great tracks, which would you prefer?

I’d definitely take the more scenic option. Only thing keeping me from playing there is the fact I always seemed to get rekt by traffic on 294 going south past Odgen. It added an hour to Olympia Fields commute has had made me late for Ravisloe multiple times.

Harborside Starboard. Port is good, but not the better of the two tracks there IMO

HOE is outstanding and the better overall experience, but it’s tough to beat the views at Harborside (especially the closing 6 holes on Starboard)

1 Like

Port hands down. The final 3 holes on Port may be the best finishing holes in chicago.

2 Likes

Noooooooo I think that’s even a stretch for Harborside alone.
Down the hill par 4s on both (I give the edge to Starboard with the centerline traps), 17th par 3 over the lake, and the better of the 2 closing par 5’s.

1 Like

Personally, I think the final 4 holes on Port ruin the entire 18. 15 isn’t a “bad” par 3, the whole anchor thing gets me. 16 has a landing zone so small it’s a mid-iron only off the tee unless you place it in a 10 yard landing zone. 17 isn’t as bad, but I usually am still frustrated with the last two holes, then 18 is a toothpick of a fairway that is borderline unfair and seems to play like they just ran out of room for the last hole, It really bums me out because I really like the front nine of Port.

5 Likes

I’ve played both countless times and certainly appreciate the place. But does anyone else ever feel like it’s redundant? So many of the holes feel similar. Maybe it’s just me.

2 Likes

For me aside from holes 6 and 9 (nice?), Starboard has really nice variety. Port IMO wasn’t all that memorable aside from 2, 15, 16, 17, 18.

But hole 16 on Port when you’re overlooking the water. The wow factor there is what hit me the first time I played it.

1 Like

Oh the downhill tee shot is one of the best 3 on property hands down. And 17 is a great cape hole as well, I just wasn’t fond of how narrow 18 was compared to the rest of the round.

1 Like

Yeah agreed on that. I think it’s because i’ve played twilight rounds on port so much that the elusive 16-18 holes are what have made me like them so much. Always get to 15 right as it’s just about to dark, then can’t play 16-18. So one of the few times I did play the last 3 I fell in love haha