Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

OH!!! And shoutout to the dude with the NLU towel I saw on the range leaving the course.
Didn’t recognize them…but if you’re on here HEY BUDDY

1 Like

Fun fact, last time I played Rav I hit it in that bunker on 17 which I did not know is possible.

2 Likes

…you’re a long-standing contributor to this thread and you haven’t been baptized yet?

1 Like

No sir. Relatively new to the “west burbs”, and having grown up 90min from Rav it never was on the radar lol

1 Like

Sounds like you enjoyed it!

Hopefully once this COVID shit ends the NLU guys can finally have the outing there they planned. Then they’ll see this is the best metropolitan segment of the Refuge. Ideally the Cubs kick the shit out of the Reds sometime close to then.

1 Like

I feel like Randy would LOVE the amount of Bendelow tracks we have around here too

Shoutout to the “Johnny Appleseed” of Golf

2 Likes

Madison down in P-town is a Bendelow, surprised they didn’t gush over that in that rental spot down by Bradley

2 Likes

NEED to get into the Peoria golf scene next season…my girlfriend is from there and all I have intel on (aside from the Strapped courses) is WeaverRidge

2 Likes

I taught in Peoria for two years and miss the golf down there. I had a park district pass and wore out Madison/Newman/Kellogg and would treat myself to Lick Creek once a month.

Just let me know when you wanna go down there, man. I’ll gladly sherpa.

3 Likes

What he and Bryson are doing to the game is a travesty.

5 Likes

I have been drinking more chocolate milk than usual…

3 Likes

Nesquick or Ovaltine?

Absolute gem of a day at Pine Meadow with @ChiFFI (+ Matt) and @TheAbeFroman

Weather was a little wet, but all in all just a good 'ol fashioned slog in the rain. I won’t spoil the ending of their match, but dear lord Aaron put on a putting clinic (on punched greens no less!)

1 Like

Aaannnndddd time for the obligatory “I played in the rain now look at all of my stuff drying” photo

4 Likes

Anyone interested in Mount Prospect on Wednesday around noon?

@TCRBrad has posted more photos of Ravisloe than OF now. Rubbing salt in the wounds.

1 Like

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we’d much rather see my fat ass waddling onto 17 green at Ravisloe…

4 Likes

I only wish we had footage of my first career unintentional club launch - with driver no less - on 18. The physics of losing it on the downswing, bouncing, striking and then launching still has me confused. My gloves are still wet.

Great day, should’ve popped that Thundertaker sooner to get things rolling. Match Play and Scotch is the only way to go with cold, rain and punched greens.

1 Like

To be fair, I may have also hit into/over them on 9 and 13…

In my defense they were a very squirrelly group. Their cart discipline was shameful and it’s hard to tell that a group is waiting to hit their second shot when they’re all hidden in the trees or behind hills.

2 Likes

We call that the cattle prod

3 Likes