Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

*I will not say anything I will not say anything I will not say anything

Could do 18 with an optional 2nd 18 or even 9 as well on the same course. I’ve always thought it could be cool too to do a Ravisloe/Calumet day, but it sounds like Calumet may be a parking lot by the fall.

Keeping it to 18 seems like it may be the easiest.

Could probably help you organize.

My man @VenkmansLament was working on a league before all hell broke loose back in February/March

Might have some good leads on places to host

3 Likes

Thanks for all the advice here.

It’ll definitely be a Saturday, probably first tee time around 7am so you guys still have the day in front of you after. For those of you who do need the advance planning start trying to free up the Saturdays Sept 12th, 19th, 26th. Expect a Google Form posted here soon.

2 Likes

Well hang on, the 26th is the Ryd… yeah, that is free too.

1 Like

I was supposed to be seeing My Chemical Romance at Riot Fest on the 12th…fuckin’ COVID.

Same. And Pitchfork last weekend. Golf budget, growing.

i’m in Indiana but I may be down too!

Thanks for volunteering yourself ha!

If there is any weekday demand for the event in Sept or Oct (more flexibility), I may know of a place to host where some German-car sponsored tournament is being played this year.

15 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Just remembered I have personal days to burn…I can make a weekday event work with my schedule.

Wentworth seems a little far for a Chicago meetup, but I could make that work too

2 Likes

The Symetra Tour Shootout presented by Opel?

3 Likes

Lots of single digit handicaps have responded so far…can’t wait to look like an idiot shooting a 93 with you all!

2 Likes

It may be time to hitch up The Boxcar, boys.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-boxcar-a-refuge-golf-tournament-chicago/14341/69?u=venkmanslament

@EConroy419, perhaps we should talk.

3 Likes

Yeah, let’s talk. Seems like you have a better idea of how to do this and I do.

lol. Definitely not.

Meant to say “than I do” and not “and I do”.

I’m trying to take your democratic approach you mentioned earlier, I’m up to 9 responses on that Google Form. In like a week I’ll send out the course Form and go from there. I’m really just shooting from the hip here.

In!

1 Like

In, just finished filling out the link. Thanks for setting this up man!

1 Like

If it’s 9/12 then it’ll have to have an asterisk like Puerto Rico bc it’ll be opposite the Sweetens Super Regional. Then no one’s going to want to win lest they get jinxed like Finau.