Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

The $39 twilight rate at Harborside right now is doing it for me. Played yesterday and the course is soggy and punched but v playable. They have the fescue cut short and I filled my bag with last years lost pro v’s, no joke, found like 15 of them.

1 Like

Can’t really complain. The greens rolled well but didn’t break as much as you would think. Speed was good, and I’m assuming the greens are soft, but since I was never on in regulation I wouldn’t know. Have fun this weekend!

Solid deal for Prairie Landing on here via CGDA email. $89 for 2 and a cart.

I am going to take the birdie challenge but Black/Marovitz combo.

3 Likes

Greens were rolling quick and true this summer my first visit.
I went twice after that - rain and early fall, and much more receptive and soft. Enjoy the course and a good walk.

Thanks for the link… they run deals pretty commonly, but this is still worth it.

1 Like

I grew up in SE MI too. What Ross track did you play?

Grosse Ile CC

I almost started ranting about how much I dislike this course, but then realized it wasn’t Crane’s Landing

2 Likes

no shit! i caddied there for 11 years 1997-2008

Playing locally for the first time this year on Sunday. Can’t wait to get outside and shed the parka.

2 Likes

Has anybody played Kankakee Elks CC? It’s an old Langford/Moreau, about an hour south of the City. Worth the trip or no? If anybody’s been there recently, what type of shape is it in?

Harborside Starboard thirteenth hole yesterday, love this hole

4 Likes

Bailed early on work Friday and went to Ravisloe. Played by myself and didn’t come close to anyone for probably 15 holes.

5 Likes

I used to live down there and played once. I remember it being a fun time, but I wasn’t super into the architecture scene at the time. Pretty small greens as I recall. Definitely a good value too.

Used to play some HS matches down there, nice track, but not sure it ever stood out enough to warrant that drive. However, I’ve made that same drive north, soooo

Played Shepherd’s Crook this weekend, windy but the course was in great shape all things considered… $29 w/ a cart on a Sat was awesome too!

2 Likes

Under 4 hours?

Prob under 3…

Any Chicagoland refugees who work in/near the loop want to get a group together for Harborside’s “Morning Meeting” event in May? It’s a 6 AM shotgun start event meant to play in under 4 hours (1 group per hole, pickup after double bogey, etc.) to allow the 9-to-5ers the ease of getting back to the loop for a half-day. $60 rate with carts and welcome bags (last time I played, it was a breakfast bar, OJ and a sleeve of balls), which is pretty good out there.

Monthly event they run with the first one scheduled for Tuesday, May 21.

2 Likes