Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Bump. Need 1 gui to fill out the final roster spot. Doesn’t matter if you’re new, old, refuge member or not, we just need someone from the area to help round out the 16 person team and put the Fresh Coast Flock to bed.

2 Likes

Flagg is not great but has variety and may logistically be easy w interstate.

2 Likes

Anyone that takes the spot would need to book their own lodging but I’m sure there’s a bunch of Chicago and Michigan guys that still need an Airbnb

2 Likes

—PRAIRIE BLUFF GOLF COURSE PACE OF PLAY POLICY—

NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL MAY BE BROUGHT ONTO THE PROPERTY. ANYONE FOUND BRINGING THEIR OWN ALCOHOL WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITH NO REFUND.

—Prairie Bluff Golf Course Pace of Play Policy—

Please keep up with the group ahead and/or play at a 2 hour pace or less per 9 holes (4 hour pace or less per 18 holes). Players or groups that fall out of position will be asked to regain position on the course by either speeding up play or skipping holes. If a group is unable to comply with the Pace of Play and/or does not observe the Pace of Play policies they will be asked to leave the golf course. No refunds will be given. Our Pace of Play Policy is set for the enjoyment of the majority of our golfers. We thank you in advance.

Pace of Play:

Hole 4…53 mins

Hole 7…1 hour, 32 minutes

Hole 9…1 hour, 59 minutes

Turn Time: 5 minutes. Any group taking more than five (5) minutes, may lose their position on the golf course.

Hole 13…2 hours, 55 minutes

Hole 15…3 hours, 22 minutes

Hole 18…4 hours

Tips to Speed up Play

• Play ready golf! - Put clubs away and write down scores at the next tee

• Driver and passenger of golf cart should work together by dropping off and picking- up each other whenever possible.

• Spend less time looking for lost balls. Drop a ball and keep moving.

• Keep pace with the group in front of you.

• Pick the tee box based on your skill level.

• Pick up ball and advance as needed or skip a hole when necessary.

• If carts are restricted to the cart path, take a few clubs to your ball.

Nlu Nolayingup GIF - Nlu Nolayingup GIFs

4 Likes

So I am unable to play in the matches against the FCF, however, I will throw it out here if anyone from that group is interested (or anyone not from that group), I will be driving up to Kingsley on Monday the 25th, and probably playing all afternoon. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know. I’m hosting some NewClub people on Tuesday morning, but otherwise solo on Monday afternoon.

7 Likes

Hell of an offer, hopefully some folks can take that up. Appreciate it!

3 Likes

Hey All

I blocked a group tee time for Medinah Course 1.

Tuesday, July 19th @ 1136am has been booked. It would be me +3 of you. Message me directly for more details if you want to play.

I am also putting in some requests for course 3 in September. Stay tuned for those dates.

Thanks

Update: the three spots have been filled. I will look at my calendar and get more dates out soon though. Look forward to meeting more guys.

14 Likes

August is fast approaching…Here’s the official thread for the Calumet Event this year

4 Likes

Just play 9 at cog hill, but you’ll need to get a cart as the nines don’t loop back to the clubhouses. Nice practice facility with trackmans, or putting /chipping area/sand trap is free.

2 Likes

I had thought the same and should’ve said it. 2nd’d.

1 Like

Have a feeling that may be my plan. Hadn’t even thought of just trying to find a good range with Trackman, I’ve never used one and therefore guess on my yardages 99% of the time.

2 Likes

Don’t get hung up on the data…it’s probably juiced and you are still hitting range balls…but it’s still cool and there are different games you could play (they serve alcohol too)…so get another poor husband to join you.

2 Likes

If anyone is looking to get out early Saturday morning , I have an open spot at 6:24 am at Bonnie Dundee. 35$ to walk. I have the whole foursome booked so just let me know.

Ugh I wish my wife’s due date wasn’t that weekend… :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Probably best…ya know just in case.

For anyone else not expecting this weekend…still one spot open online for 8:50 at Palmira Saturday.

1 Like

Just jumped in here, first SCGC event - looking forward to it.

6 Likes

Is this a reference to The Bourne out in Marseilles IL? I didn’t know anyone else knew that place existed. Lol

2 Likes

Cary put on a SHOW yesterday.
If anyone ever wants a sherpa at CCC - call me.

It’s so freaking good.

7 Likes

We have a major stan in @BadBrad

We’re thinking a late summer/ early fall semi informal outing out there

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2).