Roll Call: Chattanooga Golfers - Atlanta or Nashville Roost?

With Chattanooga being the taint of Atlanta & Nashville, which way are the Chattanoogans leaning for this upcoming Roost season?

2 Likes

Taint? Chattanooga is better than both those cities

4 Likes

We’d gladly welcome you down here in Atlanta.

5 Likes

More of a refence of the physical location, not metaphorically speaking of the town.

1 Like

Perhaps the roost championships of both areas should occur in Chatt. Much better golf there.

9 Likes

This right here :point_up_2:t2::raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

In Knoxville (recently moved here) and trying to figure out my roast situation as well.

2 Likes

As the captain of the “Nashville” Roost, we welcome you to join us! We already have members signed up from Alabama, Kentucky, and Southern Indiana… even a national member from California. Our match play gives 16 day windows to schedule/play matches, and we’ve already had competitors from Chattanooga in our previous editions, so we know it’s logistically possible.
Not only that, but we are looking at an event down your way at Sweetens/Sewanee, whether that’s a regional with our NC Roosts or a meet up with the GA Roost (because we definitely want that). We consider ourselves the Roost for Northern AL, TN, and Southern KY, and our schedule/venues will reflect that.

All that to say, we’d love to have you.

4 Likes

We’d love to have you in the Nashville Roost. We’re comprised of a solid foundation that has had several successful events and a fantastic crew. The schedule of events for the upcoming year is promising to not only be a fun/ competitive time with different formats but also a true joy getting play some of the best courses in the area. First event is 10 days away and it’s already almost full!

2 Likes

With 2 younger kids, I probably need to stick the drive time at under 2 hours or so to make sure I can “get in and get out” without an overnight. It looks awesome though…great schedule!

1 Like

As a Nashville roost(er)? besides of course sweetens and sewanee, could do an away game at Bear Trace at Harrison Bay, played there once and absolutely LOVED it

5 Likes

More than happy to make a trip here and there as well!!

2 Likes

Tim’s Ford (Sweetens is too easy of a choice) is begging for the Chatt/Nash pair up.

Why anyone would go out of their to be in Atlanta is beyond me.

3 Likes

1 Like

I like Tim’s Ford a lot, would love to bring an event there. Could serve our TN and AL members

3 Likes

Great track, @Beahrs!!!

2 Likes

I have always heard Atlanta public golf is pretty weak. Cannot confirm but I would tend to agree.

3 Likes

I’m going beyond golf. I try to avoid everything except the airport and Antico

Only rumors at this point but I’ve heard that the Peachtree Collective championship will be held at Peachtree Golf Club. Seems like reason enough that all our Chattanooga friends should join us to help beat down the BNA crowd.

(there is no chance this is true but we can dream)

3 Likes

BNA beat down?! Whoaaaaaa! I know a few Nashville Roosters that may take offense to that! @Jrob0822 You taking that challenge?!

3 Likes