Roll Call: Big Randys

About 8 years or so ago Nike had a golf short (specific name has slipped my mind) that was a flat front loose fit, 12" inseam with a great dri-fit material that didn’t cling or collect sweat. Truly awesome shorts, I bought a second pair (wish I’d bought more). Since they were discontinued, I’ve searched long and far for comparable replacements. But I’ve had no luck. There are some brands that have 11" inseams out there, but everyone has gone to “modern fit” or other variations of slim fit. I’ve found some Lulu shorts that aren’t bad for fit, but they hold sweat on hot days. Rhone has some decent options, but they’re pricey and still have a modern/slim fit. Even Oakley, who used to be a decent option, has started going with shorter inseams and slimmer fits.

What’s a good non-slim fit longer golf short for us vertically gifted folks?

The 12" inseam is blowing my mind. There was a time where I sought out 10/11" inseams, but I’ve rolled back the short length and settled in at 9" as the best length.

Try the pants chat out, plenty of resources and opinions on pants and shorts over there

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/pants-chat/4009

1 Like

same bro, same

1 Like

6’6" checking in - can still dunk. Any vertically gifted people in SE Virginia or NE N. Carolina that want to play get at me

1 Like

6’5" and skinny fat like @Hwhite. Use to be a middle man and PG, but I can’t even hit a jumper anymore.

2 Likes

Come to a meet up and bring some cash, I’m in

2 Likes

i dont think ive dunked since i left HS

1 Like

@theDaveT Winston Salem native, still go home a few times a year. Always ready for an easy win before we head to the course for a match.

Those were the days… actually went to high school in HP for a few years. Big biscuit factory fan.

Wesleyan?

im kind of embarrassed that i could dunk in 9th grade and can barely grab the rim now

actually, no im not…im too old and fat to be dunking, scratch that

Haha yep, solid guess

well i knew nobody from WS was coming to go to central or andrews, thats for sure

when did you go there?

1 Like

Yea probably true, did love centrals gym though. Ummm 2011-2013

oh nice, young buck…you were a part of some of some squads there huh?

your last year you were with pinson and giles right?

1 Like

Yea that my senior year, that team was insane stacked. Lots of fun

If Giles doesn’t get injured he’s the next KG I saw him do stuff as a 14 year old freshman that was unbelievable

damn thats awesome man…they are having a pretty down year

im a MD fan so really thought it was cool gatlin was down here

yeah harry was unreal in HS man…really a shame he hasnt been able to put it together post injuries

Would love to dive deep in the Gatlin topic sometime in person but being apart of the team was special we had something like 7 guys go D1 and 11 of the 12 guys on that roster played in college

thats really impressive there man…did you play in college afterwards?

how good was andrew wiggins? see yall played huntington that year