Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Thanks!

Also was considering joining the presidio men’s club because I’ll only be about 10 minutes away. Its not much money, but any feedback on if it is worth it?

1 Like

Welcome! I think @Durdenball was a member before he moved out to the East Bay.

I was a member at the Presidio golf and Concordia before moving to the east bay. Happy to chat about it, but it’s a good deal!

1 Like

Prior to moving to SD last year I was a member at Berkeley as well, Tony is a good guy and definitely a stick. Frankly there are a handful of really good players there all in the younger guy category.

Really fun place.

I had a credit on golf now for the usa that had to be used by mid sept.
searched around and made a booking.
its for pacific grove on sept 14 at 1220 pm for a twosome.
free.
dm me for the details.

3 Likes

A little late, but made it up to Pasatiempo and The Hay on our recent trip. Always a great escape from Houston humidity. Had my 8 year old teed it up 2” closer and made an ace at the Hay it would have been truly special! Can’t wait to come back.

8 Likes

Hit us up next time you come out!

1 Like

My esteemed sicko’s - I’m going to be in the bay area Sept 20th & 21st. I’m playing Peninsula Golf & Country Club on 21st but would love to get a round in on the 20th in the afternoon. Plane lands at 12:30 so was looking for a 3-3:30pm tee time.

1. Any course in the area I should play?
  2. Anyone want to play with me?

Soooooo… were invited to play PGCC with you though…:confused:

1 Like

I totally would bring someone if I could. I put on a par 3 tournament for the company I work for. One of the prizes this year was 2 people get randomly selected to go golf with our CEO at PGCC. Since I organize and run the tournament, I got an invite!

3 Likes

Was kinda thinking about Crystal Springs Golf Course since its relatively close to where I’m staying in San Mateo (won’t have a car so need to keep Ubers reasonable)

Very Jealous of you playing PGCC, as for courses in that area, Crystal is a decent muni, pace of play is quite slow on weekends, so id be playing early there, but its a decent course.

if youre willing to take a bit longer of a trip, Baylands in Palo alto is a beautiful course that most of us in the south bay play. Sharp park is a very scruffy mackenzie that still has some great holes, but is in pretty bad shape. Half moon bay is a resort course directly on the ocean that if quite beautiful if you want to get some California views

1 Like

Thank you! Baylands looks sweet - gonna book a time there.

Any info on how early I can book a time there? I see nothing show up for 20th sept - but also no message that i’m looking too far in advance

Let me disabuse you about Crystal Springs.

It stinks.

It’s in terrible shape (they post a lot about being green and I’m all for that but the course looks like ass) and they charge a lot for it. It’s not really walkable if that matters. If you CAN get a car, I say drive a bit farther to Half Moon Bay and play either course. Also expensive but worth every penny. Baylands in Palo Alto is also a good public option in that area.

5 Likes

not walkable??? theres one hill

not gonna fight you on the rest, its a fine muni, ill take it or leave it but im not going out of my way to play it

Well there’s a few. It may be walkable that part I will concede. The rest is poop

Baylands opens the tee sheet at midnight 2 weeks in advance. The early times will go quick.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m flying into San Francisco from Detroit next Thursday for a buddy’s wedding. I grabbed a tee time at pasatiempo that Thursday at 2:10 just putting out a feeler if anyone was interested in joining/shepherding me around there that afternoon

5 Likes

Damn flying into SF from Detroit and playing Pasa the same day? Savage. I like it

4 Likes

I’m a sicko forsure, it’s also my only time slot next weekend that I can get down there to see it. I’m playing Harding park the next morning unless people think that’s a huge mistake.