Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

What time? Might be down…

3 Likes

Hello friends, apologies if this is a dumb question but can you call the shop at Silverado and get a tee time or do you have to be a member/resort guest.

1 Like

Not a dumb question but the answer may bum you out - it’s a private course. You need to be on property or the guest of a member.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that’s right unless something has changed. I’ve played the North Course before and we were just renting a condo on site but not through the resort (as far as I remember). My understanding was the South Course was private.

Edit: looks like it’s open to play for resort guests.

1 Like

Don’t pass up on Gleneagles GC in SF. Little rough around the edges but a great layout and arguably the best greens in The City.
Also Golden Gate GC in SF is in some of the best shape of it’s life right now. All par 3’s but a fun, laid back vibe.
You could also play a late day round at Sharp Park in Pacifica. Usually around $20 for 10 holes on a classic seaside course.

4 Likes

I live in Alameda. If you decide to do Corica, HMU. Preferably a week in advance, as times book up fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lived here 6 yrs and still haven’t made it out there…really need to fix that.

2 Likes

I’ve discussed an RACDG event where we do Lincoln park then golden gate for a 2 club challenge. They’re like 2 minutes from each other. Need to revisit that idea.

6 Likes

2 clubs? Like…What’s the play there…5 iron / wedge?

1 Like

Ok maybe three clubs! Ha. Just checked the scorecard. There are a couple longer par 3s than I recall. Regardless, a delightful way to kill an hour.

Also probably going to be more than an hour…

1 Like

My brother-in-law plays GG every now and again … we used to play it a LOT when we were all single, living in the city. He said they’ve redone it in the interim years (a good thing) but that it’s in fairly decent shape. I seem to remember a 180 yard hole back in the day, but maybe that’s wrong.

Lincoln is always worth playing but it always also makes me sad because it could be SO good with just a minimum amount of effort. If you go to somewhere like Blue Rock Springs in Vallejo, it’s not brilliant but it’s always in good shape. Always. And it’s the same basic price, I think, as Lincoln Park which has some of the best views in golf. Sure, it’s a par 68, less than 5200 yards, so it’s going to be quirky … but it should be SO good.

3 Likes

Evening all, long time listener, first time poster. Seems like a solid group around here! I’m in Folsom.

5 Likes

Hey Zach! I’m also in Folsom. Not nearly as active as this one but we’ve got a Sac thread too. Let me know if you ever wanna grab a quick round at Empire.

2 Likes

Welcome!

Where do you usually tee it up?

Thanks for the welcome!

Member out at Granite Bay GC. Course is in the midst of a full reno, opening back up in Sep.

Been hitting up Turkey Creek and Haggin lately.

@Jrod can you link me to the Sac group thread?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hey all. Visiting my sister who lives in Carmel Valley in early august. Played Pasatiempo last visit. Other than the big 3, thinking of playing Bayonet/Blackhorse. Worth it? Also, anyone played the Laguna Seca course?

B/B are great. Haven’t been in a while maybe others can update conditions.
In the Valley, Quaill Lodge is amazing.
Pac Grove back nine.
Poppy Hills, although without NCGA membership might not be the awesome deal it is for us.

2 Likes

DO NOT PLAY LAGUNA SECA. It’s one of the cheaper courses in the area but it’s still somehow overpriced. Honestly you’d be better off going to Salinas fairways.

i agree to check out quail and then picking either Bayonet/Blackhorse and PG are a lot of fun especially for the price. Sometimes you can get a good deal at Del Monte through golfnow. not terribly long but the greens are always in great conditions and takes some strategy

1 Like