Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Personally I was never there before the redevelop, but the back nine is great. Front nine looks pretty much unchanged and could definitely use some work. Greens roll nicely but drainage on some spots isn’t ideal

So are you saying the back 9 looks as if it has changed?

Yup back 9 has changed a decent amount. I don’t know the exact changes but the guys I played with said it looks way better than it used to.

1 Like

Heading up to santa rosa for spring break in mid-april.

Playing with @Schnurtle and @danthaman at Bennett Valley on 4/14.

Looking for another round on 4/15 or 4/16 in the AM. Anyone care to meet up?

1 Like

PSA - I need to cancel a 4-some for 9:00 this Saturday at Baylands. Happy to coordinate with anyone on the board if you want to try to re-book it right away. Want to do it before 4 pm today. Let me know.

1 Like

V classy of you

2 Likes

I’m down and avilabe to do it now

1 Like

Taking signups for our RACDG April meet up Bennett Valley in Santa Rosa on 4/24. Hoping to get a couple tee times. Signup under the April tab

Hi All! I’m trying to book a tee time at Corica next Sunday 4/18. Currently I only see 4/17 available to book as the furthest day out from today. Anyone know when the next day’s times open up? I’m assuming midnight but want to make sure I don’t miss it if it actually opens up earlier than that.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Sorry don’t know the answer to that part of it. But do know alameda commuters tourney is out there next Saturday and Sunday and I think takes tee times from 7a-1p so hopefully you can grab one at a time that works for you outside of that!

Damn, that’s good to know. I won’t be playing there next weekend then if that’s the case. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

@heymikey It’s 7 day advanced booking so you can only start booking midnight the week before. Looking at the timestamp, you were about 5 hours too early. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

anybody got good restaurant recs for Monterey doing a trip in may and playing Poppy and pacific grove looking for good places to eat and drink afterwards?

I really enjoy Basil Seasonal Dining in Carmel-by-the-Sea which is very close to PG. Good outdoor seating with LOTS of heaters. There’s a carbonara on the menu right now that you can secretly get in Alfredo sauce with pancetta (on the menu it come with red sauce). Also, be sure to order the bread with the homemade pesto sauce dip.

1 Like

Couple spots I usually hit.

Montrio Bistro for a nicer dinner.

Wild Fish for a lunch…epic fish and chips or nicer seafood.

1 Like

Montrio is getting renovated currently.

@danthaman what styles of food and drink are you looking for? There’s tons of great options here but need some guidance for what direction to send you in

2 Likes

The food and beer and Alvarado Street Brewery are both excellent

2 Likes

Fish House in Monterey is so good, Zum sushi in PG is great, if you’re near Carmel for Poppy, Vesuvio is a great Italian spot with a rooftop bar that’s sick

2 Likes

All the recs so far are solid. Also, Dust Bowl Brewing is in an old train depot by the wharf and then the wharf has a multiple good spots, but @theHamburglar as a true local might think they’re for the tourists :stuck_out_tongue: (I grew up there, and visit my parent a few times a year).

There’s also a really chill wine bar called Sovino with Alvarado St on tap too. Great place to chill if you don’t want to deal with the crowd at Alvarado St. Brewing. It’s at the end of Alvarado St. towards the wharf.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again
Hulas is one of the best dinners you can have in Monterey. Great food and a drink in their bar before you’re seated can’t be beat.

1 Like