Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Good question, and I don’t have the answers. But I think generally more of the “good” water needs to be used for the purpose of flushing out the crap from the reclaimed water, instead of just as normal watering. Every course in the Bay Area that uses high %'s of reclaimed water (SFGC, Olympic, Lake Merced, Contra Costa, etc) plays softer than courses that are able to exclusively use potable water. They are constantly flushing out the crap with the good water. Note that the courses around Lake Merced only started playing soft when SF mandated that they use at least 80% reclaimed water several years ago.

Would be good to hear from a superintendent in the area.

Anyone here a regular at Sharp Park?

Ah, I can see how a % mandate would cause this, but also lead to actually using more potable water if they do need to flush it. But it sounds good on the surface…you’d think the # of gallons was the important metric. Would be great to hear from a super

not sure there are by regulars but we have a few that play there often enough. Whats up?

Just looking for folks to play with.

1 Like

I played with @alby there and yeah plenty of us go there often, although I don’t know of a ‘regular’ game - shouldn’t be too hard to get a few folks out.

Sounds good, I live 2 miles from the course, so hit me up if you are playing.

1 Like

I booked a tee time for Harding on 11/25 at 8:10 am. Presidio on 11/24 at 9:40 am and Pasatiempo on 11/23 at 9:40 am.

3 Likes

I booked tee times. Also very flexible with times so if we would like to move around sometimes that works but on 11/25 I must be back in Cow Hollow by 3:30pm. The latest by 4 pm. Let me know if anyone would like to join?

Cheers!

Oh Man, Pasatiempo is on my need to play list looks amazing…you have open slots?

I’m in for Harding !

I booked single tee times

Oh I see - will pop on today…

Edit - not seeing anything left at that time sadly.

I can switch times around to accommodate

There is still availability at Pasatiempo at 9:40 am on 11/23. Two spots available.

Hey San Francisco NLU,

I was reading that in at the public course that all the cups are raised. Is that true at all the course out there?

Not a problem for me but just wondering

The only place I know that still has that is sharp park. Most places have cups with foam inside to stop the ball going all the way down.

1 Like

I concur, all the places I have played over the last few months either have the foam insert, or the flag has the lever you can raise with your putter to pull the ball out.

Folks - we are doing the dang thing next year:

11 Likes

Great thank you for letting me know