Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Yeah reach out as it gets closer. Pretty good chance I’m free all day wed. Wed am for sure

Hey all,

New here, avid player. Just moved to the north bay and have been playing mostly at Stonetree - a few from my regular foursome recently left the area during covid. Anyone else in the North Bay?

4 Likes

Which…is at about 6:00 now with daylight savings. Aaargh

Yep, I’m in Marin - Peacock Gap and Indian Valley are good courses. I like but don’t love Stonetree, but if you’re willing to drive a bit there are plenty of other good courses nearby - Chardonnay and Eagle Vines in Napa, plenty in Santa Rosa, and Hiddenbrooke among others just a bit up off Hwy 80.

1 Like

If you do get something set up with @giles or @fullbodyfix let me know I can fill out a spot that week if you have an opening.

2 Likes

Played Baylands this morning - booked single spot at 7:20 and the rest of the group were no-shows. Got my first solo 18 since beginning of COVID, it was glorious! Some soft spots still out there, fully sanded around the green on a couple holes but the greens were pretty firm and rolling very well. I second the comment above that this course is the most forgiving for tee shots I have ever played, makes for easy scoring and reverse-sandbagging of the HCP. Somehow still lost a ball on the back nine :wink:
After getting spanked at Crystal with @fullbodyfix last weekend it was nice to hit some GIR and make birdies.

3 Likes

Spanked!! We won 10 whole dollars (online store credit). Lol

Just let me know. My father isn’t coming anymore due to COVID. So have an extra spot for Pasatiempo and would love to get out onto Stanford but willing to hear opinions on courses to play. Also, for sure going to play either Harding or Presidio as well on 11/25.

1 Like

Not going to make Pasa. But count me in for Wednesday am…possible anytime. I’ll know tomorrow for sure but likely taking all of wed off and Harding / presidio is super close for me.

Took the day off to play Harding this morning. It is in fantastic shape and the greens were rolling really well. I’m still new to the area and this was my first time playing it without the absurd rough. Definitely a course where you can score if your driver is working. I enjoyed being able to hit long irons out of the rough this time.

3 Likes

Ha, I had a single spot at 7:20 this morning that I had booked last week in hopes of taking advantage of the early light. Decided over the weekend that I had too much work to do today and canceled. Sorry to miss you!

2 Likes

Hey man - officially free all Wednesday the 25th. I’m in for whatever you decide.

I should be free that day too if we need some bodies!

1 Like

We should turn it into a little event, maybe get a couple tee times…

1 Like

For sure

from my buddy who plays a lot of golf and never tweets:

That’s a shame. It has seemed to be going that direction over the last several months so not a huge surprise. I hope they can find a sustainable way to get the conditions under control because it’s a really fun place when they keep it firm.

Do they have to use reclaimed water there?

I don’t believe so but not 100% sure

I’ve been thinking more about this reclaimed water thing and I’m still confused a bit.

If amount X is required to keep the course in ideal shape, and there’s a limit Y of amount of non-reclaimed water they can use, wouldn’t they just use the reclaimed water for the difference?

I’m sure this is more complicated than I’m making it and/or I’m missing an obvious detail here but now I’m curious haha