Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Hi,

Wanted to share this with the local community if anyone is interested in playing. Will be a great day, for a great cause and at an awesome courses. If you have questions, happy to answer - let me know.

2 Likes

Hey ATL, I’ve got a long layover in Atlanta tomorrow and was thinking about going to East Lake. Does anyone have an extra ticket I could buy. Also any chance public transportation can get me there from near the Falcons Stadium (that’s where my hotel is)?

I can’t help you with tickets but your best bet for transportation is just to take an Uber. You could take a MARTA train to the East Lake station but then would have to walk about 2 miles in this heat to the course. MARTA also has buses that leave the East Lake MARTA station but no idea if they go near the course. Take Uber.

There’s a bus route (34) that leaves from the East Lake station and stops right next to the course, but it usually only loops about twice an hour so it’s tough to time it correctly sometimes. I’ve taken that exact itinerary from the airport to my house though and if the timing works it’s pretty convenient

This song gets stuck in my head anytime anyone says MARTA Bus. The production quality is poor but the talent is top notch. I don’t know how these guys didn’t go platinum.

1 Like

The general parking for the tournament is situated at the Georgia World Congress Center, right next door to MBS. You might be able to catch a ride on the shuttle bus without parking a car.

Amazing, I’ll look that up. I’ve got time to kill so I don’t mind waiting!

Morning all. Looking playing the Fields soon. anyone have an update on conditions. Much obliged. Jim Madden

2 Likes

@Jim_Sand was down there not too long ago I believe.

The fairways (and tee boxes) were very firm and dry. Had a hard time getting my tee into the ground, even in the new tees they built. Low shots will definitely run out there.

The greens however were really smooth and fast.

They’ve done even more work since I was there a month ago. They did some tree removal on #5 and deleted the middle bunker on #18 which is crazy and will definitely change that hole.

I think they also removed the green-side bunker on #9

1 Like

Thanks very much. Great review. I am traveling with a group from Reynolds to AL and want to recommend as a stop on the way. Looks like a GO! Thanks alot, Jim

1 Like

Hey, does anyone want to play The Fields Saturday morning? I’m visiting from TN and booked a tee time for 10:30am. They won’t let me go off as a single so please DM or respond to this post if you’d like to play!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, most of our guys are playing our roost monthly quota game this Saturday. Did you ask about going off as a single? I wouldn’t be surprised if you show up they don’t let you off if the tee sheet is pretty open. They’re usually pretty relaxed about it.

She made the idea of me joining a twosome on the weekend seem inconceivable and I don’t have the time to drive 2 hours to gauge her sincerity. A few years ago the staff were all super chill and I ended up playing in the weekly Skins game.

Just about 48 hours left in registration, so I figured I’d cross post this event over to the ATL area one final time.

Fwiw, Georgia is @ Vandy (snooze, but we’ll be streaming games) and Georgia Tech is on a bye

3 Likes

Spot on General, weekend crew was very chill and I got out easy. Beautiful day, hope the boys hit their quota!

4 Likes

How were the conditions?

The greens are in pretty good shape with little tufts of invasive grass. Every putt I had rolled mostly true and at a consistent speed. The ground was hard so the course played very #fastandfirm. The fairways are in great shape and tee boxes are too except for the ones in the shade. The only yikes moment was the par 3, number 13, where there’s two sand pits cutting into the green front right and left.

2 Likes

That’s gotta be the next hole they work on.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Fields if you like some quirkiness, OK w some challenges. Not a high cost daily fee with bag drop, beverage cart. HIGH on layout, interest and design quality.

Group I thought I would send a quick note on The Fields in La Grange.

My wife and I played on Sunday morning. $40 w cart, walkable. When I saw the pricing I was concerned that the conditions would be pretty bad. Good news! The range is ratty, balls are bad. After that things went up a lot. It is a great layout, pure golf, couple quirky holes, lots of really good ones. Tees, fairways and greens were good. Greens solid condition, rolled true, pretty quick. There’s a lot of movement and some challenge in getting the slope. We played in 4 hours as a 2 some. Very fast to the 8th tee, then slowed. The group behind us was REALLY slow, so we were really happy to have jumped in front of them. There was no service, some snacks in the shop, no starter or Marshall.

2 Likes