Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Not if this guy rolls up

2 Likes

Hi all, we have a group coming down to Atlanta Monday-Wednesday 5/3-5/5.

We have rounds set up for Tuesday and Wednesday but are looking for a place to play on Monday afternoon 5/3. Any recommendations/hookups? We are staying just north of downtown.

Thanks for any advice/connections! Scott.

my ATLien friends, come show us Florida boys how to golf at my event in June (date pending)

1 Like

Where are you playing on Tuesday/Wednesday?

planning on getting involved - grandmother lives in Gainesville and I’ve always wanted to get out to play at Bostick!

1 Like

Atlanta CC and Peachtree.

2 Likes

lol you’re playing Peachtree and asking us for hookups

15 Likes

Lol wut

4 Likes

I was gonna suggest Bobby Jones and beers, or making the trek outside the city somewhere, but I think you’ve got it figured out.

3 Likes

Is this the most egregious humble brag of all time?

10 Likes

Seeing as he’s not from here. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. I would probably make the same mistake to think that a Chicago golf enthusiast would have played Chicago golf club or be able to get on.

2 Likes

welcome to Atlanta

5 Likes

I would suggest Magic City.

18 Likes

Get the lou-will wings and bring singles.

2 Likes

Anyone interested in the new GSGA one day series?

Unfortunately I’m going to be out of town for the Fields event but plan on playing in the one at Rivermont to check out the course for the first time.

https://www.gsga.org/competitions/calendar/One-Day%20Series/2021/

1 Like

This is sick - that’s actually cheaper than the current guest fee. How do you sign up?

did some digging: only registration for the first event is up atm. So i guess check a month out before each event.

This one day series thing isn’t really a bad bargain considering a lot of these courses are more than that - sucks they are typically weekdays though

1 Like

What’s the Thursday course? Augusta National?

4 Likes

The open dates are May 17, June 14, and August 16. It’s just to help control the registration process for the most part. The guys who put that series together along with the Member Play Day are working hard on those because those clubs continue to have full tee sheets, so we’re fortunate that they are opening up days for us to get out and play these one day events as well as the normal tournament and junior tour schedule.

We have to schedule about 200 days worth of events each year, so you can imagine that it’s not easy to do. Hopefully we have success with these competitive events and build it up for the future (fingers crossed for more events including some weekend opportunities). This first year, it’s more about creating and proving the concept. With success, it will be easier to have those conversations with golf clubs about bringing the series out to them.

I think there may be another event added to the one day series, and I think the finale site is still being finalized, but give the events a try if you want to play a competitive event but not quite ready to jump into a multi-day event or one that requires qualifying. All that you need is a GSGA membership, which if you belong to a club or have a GHIN number, then you are already a member.

10 Likes

Makes total sense. Glad you are guys are doing this! It is awesome.

1 Like

update for the SSI mentioned above:

I moved the date to June 27th so the event isn’t on Father’s day and the Sunday of the US Open