Roll Call: Alberta

Hi everyone,

I’m Felipe, 27yo, from Buenos Aires. I work at Ernst & Young and just got approved a rotation to Calgary this summer (I think it will be from late June to late Oct), and would love to meet fellow refugees if this meet up go down.

I don’t really know where I’ll be staying or anything yet but I assume it will be down town.

It will also be great if you guys could tell me about the golf situation down in Calgary, good public courses? Which are the best price/quality?

Thanks!

1 Like

Sup Everyone,

Based in Red Deer would be down to get together for some rounds.

Love Wolf Creek only problem it never is in decent shape till late July early august

Based in RD pretty easy to get anywhere about the only positive haha

1 Like

Late July might be the opening date the way things are shaping up… Wolf Creek is definitely on tap as a potential meet up this summer though.

Looks like we could be golfing Saturday according to Hinshaw!!!

Calls for a May Refuge game soon!

1 Like

Any Calgary area folks interested in trying to get a group going for next Saturday the 9th? Seems like most courses will be open by next weekend.

What are the best options? I noticed Water Valley is opening on the 8th - starting to take bookings on the 6th.

Anyone else hear Mickleson is going to be semi private this year?

What was it before? Fully private?

Yeah it was suppose to be, but heard from two people now that it will be open to some sort of public play this year

Nice… if we’re down this summer I’ll poke around.

@JDWilson @DriverOffTheDeck @cmonk28 @ElSanto @CL83 @cav007 @tommymac @Garnsie @T3J @gnitejimkite

Shall we plan a Alberta Refugee June game? Thinking June 13 or 14th?

Wanna try Wolf Creek? 18? 36?

Somewhere closer to Calgary?

2 Likes

I’ve been really meaning to get out to wolf creek and if were making the drive I’d love to play both sides. I think I’ve played the old only once in the past 10 years and the new maybe 4 times

1 Like

Reaction gif tagged with fuck yeah, Rob Ryan

36 at Wolf Creek works for me. Avoiding Father’s Day is ideal as well.

1 Like

Playing Kananaskis the 14th but could make it a mega weekend

Also looks like Mickelson National opens June 1st, $110 for a tee Time is better than I expected. https://www.mickelsonnational.com/

That place doesn’t look like it sucks. I imagine I can get away to Calgary as well this summer.

Oh my. I really look forward to playing it.

Maybe what we should do is:

June 13 or 14: Wolf Creek 36
July: Kananaskis 36

I’d also be interested, some other day in early June, checking out Mickelson as a one-off. Maybe a Friday or something.

1 Like

Yup 13th Wolf Creek would work perfect for me

Played the new 2 weeks ago north nine was in really good shape south was a little scraggly

2 Likes

I’ll add my vote for the 13th.

I have two buddies that would probably be in too if we need to fill out a foursome, NLU fans but not active on the refuge.

1 Like