Richmond, Virginia (RVA)

I’ve been meaning to clean this image up for a while. Seems like a good time to do so.

4 Likes

1 Like

Anyone doing this?

Longest Day of Golf for First Tee

2 Likes

Heading out of town that Friday. Let me know if you’re playing - I’ll donate.

Cool. I need to contact them and see what the process is. Thanks.

1 Like

Do we need rights to this image to use it for swag?

We did a single elimination one out in the bay area last year where each round everbody had 4-6 weeks to complete their match with the final round being played at Pasa. Other matches were just scheduled wherever convenient or if somebody could host one at their club they were welcome to do that. Instead of double elimination im all for a group system to set up the last couple of rounds

1 Like

So I have 12 of us on my spread sheet (see a few posts earlier).
If you will put in your handicaps, I’ll throw together a bracket and let’s see if we can get this rolling in October/Nov.

Match Play. Double elimination. Play at Belmont All 18 holes. Schedule your own matches. once we get to the championship and consolation final pairs we’ll see what we can schedule to get together.

@Smidler Can we legally use the image you shared. And if so, where are the towel or ball marker gurus among us so I can help get something designed and going.

2 Likes

I can’t say whether or not we can use the logo, but I did see where another regional group used it in some of their gear for a tournament. Do we send someone a DM?

If we’re looking for a small run of towels…

It’s being run by Neil for the official thumbs up, but I was told we are most likely cool to use it.

That image does need to be cleaned up a bit. Let me see what I can do.

1 Like

I also have a digital artist friend who may be able to help

Neil says we good.

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff. Clothlete needs a vector version of the file. 5-10 business day lead time. I can place the order and folks can get me the money whenever. 12 towels are $192 for UPS ground shipping from San Diego.

Zazzle will do ball markers fairly cheap. No idea how they turn out.

1 Like

And is this the official name and slogan?

Matchplay at Belmont
“Come get yer bell rung!"

2 Likes

Also. I have 13 guise who have put their handicap in the spreadsheet. If you want in in this for this fall the deadline to put your info in is tonight at 5 pm. Oct 1.

So who is going to the DECC next weekend? I hope Phil dominates so I can go watch him play after my my match at Belmont. I have gone each year and it has been amazing.

2 Likes

I had planned to go, but I’m apparently coaching travel basketball out of town that weekend. #darnkids

I’ll be there at least one of the days. I have tix for all three.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. I forgot about Friday. Maybe I can make it out there that day. I did want to take my girls though.

1 Like