Refuge Secret Santa - 2023: SANTA! Are We Done Yet?!

I have been thinking about this thread recently. I had just joined the refuge in November of last year and didn’t get super involved right away. (Look at me now) any chance that there will be secret Santa in 2020?

1 Like

I don’t know if it would work this year. There are SO MANY people on here now. I think it worked so well last year because it kind of felt like we all knew each other and things seemed a lot more personal.

I dunno, maybe that’s just a me thing. It was a ton of fun; I haven’t ruled it out yet. Would probably have to figure out a more efficient way to administer it this time around.

5 Likes

I see no disadvantage from having a lot of new people #getinvolved.

LMK if you need a hand organizing

1 Like

Respect that. And bumping this because what you organized was awesome

@HaveOuimet’s playing the long game. He’ll do this and he’ll be happy to add more names to his database. Facebook has nothing on our Santa.

Clear your cookies folks!

12 Likes

There in lies the problem. The get involved part has to start well in advance (like now) otherwise it is just a bigass golf ball exchange. If you don’t have any posts on here and people don’t know who you are or anything about you, it will be difficult for someone to buy you a thoughtful gift.
(Not you, but “you” generally)

2 Likes

I hear ya. So why not start now? All it really takes is a google form, and a disclaimer that “new participants can expect to receive an ammo box from Rock Bottom Golf unless you have developed at least a couple dozen posts’ worth of persona around here”

3 Likes

For example, we get @jandywlu an oil rig or a trip back to Mineola to visit his people at Chaminade

2 Likes

OOOOOOOHHHH can I drill an oil well at Chaminade? They should have just enough spare land left at this point for a directional well pad. Gonna need at least 5,000 feet of pipe to get thru the aquifers and then past the bedrock into lithospheric layers with any real potential. (sources http://www.nswcawater.org/water_facts/our-long-island-aquifers-the-basics/ and https://pubs.usgs.gov/wri/1985/4159/report.pdf).

Rigs are dirt cheap these days. should be able to scratch together some alumni capital.

3 Likes

Who ever you sell your crude to, please make them sign a wavier to make it into jet fuel. We don’t need more Diesel out in the pipelines…Thank You

1 Like

We better have Secret Santa this year! I’ve been saving possible ideas in a bookmark folder for months now.

Yes i’ve started shopping for this gift months ahead of gifts for my family…

8 Likes

are you kidding? jet fuel and diesel are all distillates, both markets are totally saturated! Plastics inputs and NGLs only!

Actually a natural gas well would be great since Cuomo won’t allow new natgas lines into long island…

2 Likes

Burns Slant Drilling Co. | Simpsons Wiki | Fandom

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

(non-binding)

2 Likes

Never change @aannddyy00

8 Likes

Fuckin @aannddyy00

2 Likes

This adds up