Refuge Book Club: Killers of the Flower Moon Date, September 20th

I’m happy to go forward with this one if no one objects!

8 Likes

I second this!

1 Like

Just for folks looking to purchase or borrow, it’s “Remarkably Bright Creatures” though I’m sure they’re incredibly bright as well. :slight_smile:

Works for me, never read a book narrated by an octopus before. Let’s do it!

4 Likes

Local bookstore didn’t anticipate it coming in until this week at the earliest. Came in last friday. Already a few chapters in and wow boy, an octopus narrative is phenomenal. Looking forward to this one.

2 Likes

@OffTheDole or @Double_Bogey_Dave Can one of you update the title to say Remarkably Bright Creatures,’ by Shelby Van Pelt date TBD

1 Like

also good thing we waited a few days to decide because when I checked last week it was only in hardcopy and now it’s in paperback!

1 Like

Double check that. I also wanted to paperback but I think it’s released early April, so might be a little wait for the paperback to arrive.

It says delivery tomorrow so we’ll monitor!

1 Like

Just ordered mine from my local bookstore!

3 Likes

Going to check the local small bookstore today for this =)

3 Likes

Paperback obtained!

I’m heading down the Oregon Coast next weekend so looking forward to reading over a beer in the Gearhart pub!

3 Likes

Hey all, new here. Ive been lookin for a book club and heard so much about this one on the various NLU pods. Is there anywhere I need to sign up? Or do I just order Remarkably Bright and join the ensuing discussion? Excited to start. Thanks guys!

2 Likes

yes! That’s the approach exactly :smiley:

We’ll settle on a date (Wednesdays are our go-to day of the week) about ~6 weeks out and then set up a zoom for that day. Folks just pop in and we have a chat. Usually get a crew around 6-8 or so. Been fortunate to date that we’ve always managed a good convo!

2 Likes

Awesome. Used my Amazon Prime accout to order it on Kindle, should arrive in two days. Kidding. Already DL’ed it and ready to start reading on my vacation next week! Thanks @Sarah, much appreciated

Looking forward to it! The more the merrier quite literally!

1 Like

Me too! Looking forward to making this group of 6-8 grow into a group of 7-9!!

4 Likes

Finished the book while IU got crushed last night. Such a great story. If you’re on the fence about reading it, do it.

4 Likes

I’m stoked for the takes coming out of rural southern Indiana

2 Likes

Ordered today. Hopefully I’ll be able to join my first book club discussion!

2 Likes

Recommended Nightcrawling to a friends wife. Was chatting with him this morning and she shouted in background that’d she had just finished it. I was like is she crying and or okay, and she was fine. He proceeded to tell her to stop emotionally shaming me lol. So maybe some people had thick skin with our last one. At any rate enjoying the change of pace narrative and plot building with our new one.