QCH's Mimosa Madness 4/13/2024

For the 3rd time, the @QueenCityHive is proud to present Mimosa Madness! One of our staple Major events, we will once again be running it back with some good old fashioned Super Tilt out at Mimosa Hills Golf Club in Morganton, NC on April 13th. Currently we have 32 spots available for the event, but with enough interest the club may open some more spots up to us so if we fill up, get on the waitlist! More details such as cost, full format info and other stuff to come, but we wanted to get the signup info out as early as we could to hopefully be able to get more spots if we need them!

9 Likes

10 Likes

As good a golf course as you can find! The views are amazing.

6 Likes

Being in Sevier County, TN, I’m at the intersection of 4 Roosts and absolutely reveling in it. I’ve already got a HCC event (the Extinction) as well as two First Flight events on my calendar.

Definitely adding this one to the list since the course is only 2.5 hours from my doorstep. Probably the closest event to me of any this year!

Edit: 3 outside the cut for the official list currently but :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Very late to sign up. Hoping past champions get consideration. Always an awesome event.

3 Likes

@QueenCityHive

Hello everyone, we are less than a month away from Mimosa Madness/Masters on 4/13. We are going to start collecting payments for the event.

The price for the event will include the following:

• 18 holes of golf + bonus holes if tee sheet allows (Tee times start at 1:30PM)
  • Cart if you want one
  • boxed lunch from the club (sandwich, chips, N/A bev, maybe even a cookie)
  • 2 domestic beers post round
  • gratuity to the mimosa staff
  • contribution to QCH’s charity for the year
  • small tee gift

Price for Mimosa guests: $100

Price for Mimosa members: $40

Please send payment to @QueenCityHive on PayPal by 4/1 to secure your spot. We will go to the wait list if we do not receive payment by 4/1. If you pay and need to WD, you will get the payment back if/when someone takes your spot.

Please send all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, etc. To fabitoslament@gmail.com

The course is starting to grow in nicely, we can’t wait to get everyone out there!

So what’s the total cost for the event and was there enough interest in the end to expand past 32 players?

Also, open to visiting Roosts?

We will not be adding tee times beyond the 32 spots we have. The event is open for visiting roosts, I recommend joining the waitlist if you are not already on it.

2 Likes

Crossing my fingers for cancellations :crossed_fingers::saluting_face:

Best way to expand the field is to join Mimosa! Very appealing non-local membership fees

3 Likes

Mmm cool as that sounds, I think a membership to a course a couple hours away is a tough sell to the wife :joy:

Probably if I was a member at Holston Hills, though, I could get on through the Donald Ross network. That course is still a touch outside my price range a $6k initiation fee and $4800 in dues. Totally reasonable for a great course, but a bit of a haul for me and more than I can justify paying for a membership.

1 Like

@yungbunzz here is info about the event and payment if you’d like to claim your spot.

Waiting for 4/1 when the waitlist unlocks

1 Like

@jonesgator (Who is this?), you are in!

@2nd9hotline are you the same Brian Jones?

I’m in if it’s not too late.

If you are the Brian Jones from the wait-list it is not too late. Please see the payment and event details in post #6.

1 Like

I am indeed that Brian Jones. Thanks for letting me know that I’m in - I’ll send the payment this morning

2 Likes

Congratulations @SmokyMtn, the safest place to be on the entire refuge pays off again. With @BuffaloInThePines WD, you are now in the field. Please send your payment to @QueenCityHive on PayPal ($100) to lock in your spot!

1 Like

Paid!