Players Ball: The Peachtree Collective @ UGA Golf Course - Athens, Ga - 7/15/2023

What’s the walk like out there? Only played it once and in summer I might be riding.

I hit driver 4 hybrid and came up 10 feet short of the green. 2 putt for bogey. My dad put it in 10 fairway? (I think) made double. Would be a very comfy par 5 from the red / silver tees.

1 Like

Front is a great walk with the exception of one hill. I only rarely have walked 18 out there out of well over a hundred rounds because of the back nine. I won’t even walk just the back in the summer time, or at least wouldn’t in high school/college/law school.

2 Likes

Back to the biscuit topic. It’s not Athens but any of you Atlanta guys…Martin’s is the goat.

4 Likes

Had the change to attend Thursday round at Augusta yesterday. Stating the majorly obvious- if you have not been, make it a point to go. Course is in immaculate shape, phenomenal views and shot making opportunities for all players on the course. Just a bad ass day all around. Cheers

5 Likes

Re entering the biscuit discussion, I’ve never been so do we have any reports on the biscuits at Augusta?

The chicken patty was extremely forgettable. Biscuit was flakey and buttery similar to chick fil a’s. Lots of better options out there and more accessible.

1 Like

The breakfast sandwich is definitely the way to go in my opinion

1 Like

The egg salad at the masters is better than the pimiento cheese, don’t @ me

6 Likes

I will hold this corner with you

2 Likes

Egg salad is ass. @ me

2 Likes

That’s just a fact my friend

2 Likes

The delta between store bought/mass produced and homemade pimiento cheese is immense. Made some today and some good sharp cheddar + a little sriracha is a night and day difference

Pimento cheese and egg salad both suck. BBQ sandwich is the only sandwich.

1 Like

Fellow thicc boi lending my sword to Paden’s fight.

Only better option is taking the pimento cheese off the sandwich and putting it on the bbq sandwich.

Really though all the lunch options at the Masters are pretty bad. I’d be happier if they served breakfast all day

2 Likes

Bumping this as in the not too distant future we’ll have to lock down some numbers with the course to determine whether or not we are shotgunning. Can promise there will be a good raffle as well as sweet tee gifts. NOTE WE ARE TURNING THIS INTO THE SIGN UP VERSUS INTEREST LIST. If you no longer wish to participate, please remove your name form the list. @PeachtreeCollective @HighCottonClub @PalmettoGolfSociety

I am going to try and work on a nice little post event happy hour at a local brewery…watch this space

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-good-the-bad-and-the-uga-ly-tpc-uga-course-sign-up-post-1/69616?u=apmiller

3 Likes

So this is 18 holes and probably a fairly early morning? My girlfriend’s birthday is that weekend but if I can be back before dinner I think I could swing it

1 Like

Time of day is a bit up in the air until we have final numbers. Confirmed this is only 18 holes (stableford format). Sounds like you need to take your girlfriend on holiday to Athens for her birthday. Hear it’s wonderful that time of year.

1 Like

She’s finishing up law school there in a few weeks so I doubt she’ll be dying to go back :sweat_smile:

I put myself down but I may have to respectfully bow out if it ends up being afternoon

I booked my flight :sunglasses:

3 Likes