Players Ball: The Peachtree Collective @ UGA Golf Course - Athens, Ga - 7/15/2023

Hail Southern.

1 Like

Hm sounds like we need to have biscuit stations at each tee box to compare them all.

Do it like beer golf, every biscuit is a stroke off your score.

2 Likes

Glad to have an excuse to throw it back to one of the OG internet videos…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMlNW5w-50

2 Likes

Will this be exclusive to Nesticles only? I have a buddy who’s been kicking the tire on joining the Nest, but he’d for sure like to participate in this!

FTFY

Nope open to anyone, but need to be a nest member for NIT spot eligibility

2 Likes

Btw, the course does their “Dawg Fight” stableford event every Saturday morning and it’s typically 8(?) tee times starting at 9. They may adjust it for us, or even move it to Sunday (only done that for college tournaments that I’m aware of, but we can dream) but just an FYI for scheduling.

UGA Alum - I am over in North Alabama but this might get me over to Athens…very interested.

1 Like

I’m in Athens and know some other guis who’d be interested but whom are not enlightened enough to be in the Nest/Refuge

2 Likes

Same. Will def be trying to invite some non-Nest guis to join when we get closer.

1 Like

Shouts to @4PuttLegend for the tournament name…

3 Likes

I am the voice of a generation

3 Likes

You guis allowing folks from other roosts to come down to participate?

3 Likes

Highly encouraged

2 Likes

Unless you’re a Bama fan

3 Likes

I am very very very tempted to fly down for this. All that Weaver Ds talk isn’t helping.

1 Like

We look forward to seeing you then.

Well… I did something that I didn’t think was possible today at the course and managed to hit the clubhouse. Combination of bad yardage (30 yards longer than it should’ve been), really good contact off a shitty lie, and just a crazy unlucky bounce off of a hill. Figured I’d share…

Oh and @rmattgolden ALMOST aced the hardest pin position on the 8th hole, easily the best flight I’ve seen there.

3 Likes

If we’re talking hardest pin position on 8, it’s gotta be back left, right? Also, assuming club house was hit playing into 9 green from the pine straw?

1 Like

Back right. Really anywhere on the back is tough, not a lot of room and so dead if long.

And correct, was in the left pine straw behind a tree. Pulled an 8 iron and I should have known better for how often I’m out there. So I basically got the yardage of the back hill behind the green. Which I hit and the ball skipped way up and hit the side of the roof of the clubhouse. No damage done fortunately, just the embarrassment of walking up there and apologizing.