Players Ball: The Peachtree Collective @ UGA Golf Course - Athens, Ga - 7/15/2023

Just bring the wife for Athfest. Nothing a little post event marriage counseling can’t fix.

1 Like

Shit I might have to cut my beach vacation early to get back for this and AthFest.

Would love to have the gang rally up here

2005 UGA alum, this post is making me feel the feels. I grew up in Wisconsin and playing the UGA course after first semester finals blew my fucking mind.

1 Like

Just wait til we get you in Bourbon on a table

4 Likes

It’s ok. It’s basically the only clip they’ve got

Put my name on the list, LFG! Gotta rep us middle Georgia folk :fire::ok_hand:t2::fire:

1 Like

This will be catered by Mama’s Boy right?

2 Likes

Mamas Boy biscuit orders for morning round might be a necessity

2 Likes

Mama’s Boy is mad overrated by Atlanta kids who come to UGA and have never actually eaten good southern food. The best breakfast, and specifically biscuits, to be had in Athens are at the Mayflower.

7 Likes

Now THAT is the tea. But but buy, Mayflower doesn’t fit the Instagram aesthetic tho!

Howevah! Based off my extensive research, the Mamas Boy does have the best to-go biscuits in Athens.

I don’t even know that I fully agree - but these are the takes that I am looking for on the refuge and for that, I thank you.

It’s probably not even there anymore but “back in my day” in Athens Wilson’s Soul Food was the fucking truth. Weaver Ds didn’t fuck around either

3 Likes

Weaver Ds and Soul Food (the one off broad right?) are both still open and have same weird hours they’ve always had.

Mamas Boy might be over hyped, but doesn’t mean it isn’t still really good.

1 Like

I moved to California in 2000 and haven’t been back to Athens since. No clue what Mamas Boy even is

Ahh yeah, been out of the game then. Speaks to how engrained Weaver Ds and Soul Food is tho!

Also complete lapse of thought from the initial announcement… I made this poster design 2 years ago. I’ve been wanting to give it a refresh since it was the first I ever did. Would be more than happy to do that if we thought it might be a nice thing to run a couple prints for. @apmiller

7 Likes

You’re all wrong. The best biscuit in Athens is golden pantry.

Weaver D’s is the best. Automatic for the People.

5 Likes

Hooo boy I used to smash tenderloin biscuits from Golden Pantry before High School in the morn. Oh look another thread turned into a food thread… fuck it. Guthrie’s went out of business forever ago huh? That’s the OG zaxbys/canes and mfers got no clue

1 Like

They have a few around Atlanta now but yeah no more in Athens. Canes blows the doors off zaxbys too.

2 Likes

Love it