PGA 2K23 Refuge Tour - Info Post #9014 - S22 Begins 5/14

Current progress update, holes 1 - 5 are “feature compete”, but still need the greens to have their slops finalized, have their paths built, and install retaining walls. A few holes need there fartherest-back-tees adjusted a bit, as they do not exist previously, but are mostly there.

Hole 6-9, 11 and 18 have most of their “dirt moving” done, but don’t have the grass planed for the greens or fairway, and only have 1 Tee

10, 12-17 are basically lines on the map with the rough elevation for the tees and greens correct.

As you can see in the picture on the right, we have out work cut out for our selves with the tree planting project. We just have the trees the were “there” but most of those are coming down and being replaced with tall pines.

1 Like

Just got this notification, intended to get scores posted, but work ran long and then was out of the country the last 7 days. Thanks.

1 Like

The Walk at Coque - WEEK 9 UPDATE

The penultimate week comes to a close at Coque Hill Creek.

Individual flight winners:

• Young Hitters: @kmart796 let’s his name be known as the latest winner in YH, -20 in round one and it was off to the races.
  • C-Suite: @Shoresy gets his first win here and gains 6.9 strokes on the field. Nice.
  • Strapped: @Tibbs wins in Strapped and posts a score that would have scared the lead in the flight above
  • LPCP: @Aham13 has been posting strong finishes and finally gets P1

No new qualifiers this week, I expect we’ll probably not see many new players until next season

We’re on to the final event of the regular season, 4 rounds at Cormac’s Bluff for The Cape Cup. Prepare for rain in round one but it should give way to windy and firmer conditions as the week progresses. Welcome to Tasmania.

Thank you for playing on the Refuge Tour, tell your friends to #getinvolved, 5858

2 Likes

JOKES ON YOU I’m gonna poke my head in the qualifier this event and see how bad I’ve gotten

1 Like

Come join me in LPCP, I did the same last week after not playing for a few weeks

Probably not shocking to hear I’m getting my teeth kicked in by the wind and the greens.

Really should have taken a few practice rounds, but I was too lazy to put the settings in manually. Lesson learned.

1 Like

Practice is overrated. Best to fire up the game cold, take one practice swing on the first tee, say “that didn’t feel great”, then fire away.

5 Likes

5 Likes

On it

3 Likes

Definitely didn’t get rain on PC this week.

This is bullshit

1 Like

Weather forecasts aren’t perfect sir!

But really it’s because I am dumb and had just set the course up for the Playoffs in a week and that’s what I had in my mind when I made the write-up.

I’m going to purposely give a wrong weather forecast next season for fun

2 Likes

The Cape Cup - WEEK 10 UPDATE

Will apologize here at the top for not going and getting photos and other fun stuff for the finale here, I’m down with some bug and my brain is fried.

Final week of the regular season comes to a close

Individual flight winners:

• Young Hitters: @BlakeG is back in P1, in convincing fashion
  • C-Suite: @Golfpro731 has been up and down but breaks through for the win here
  • Strapped: @jeffvalois wins quicky after moving up to Strapped
  • LPCP: @Aham13 goes back to back to finish the season

Regular season winners on points are:

YH: @BlakeG. It was never really close
C-Suite: @BoomBaby812
Strapped: @Tibbs
LPCP: @jrsnelly37

We have an off-week before the playoff, I think we were going to try for a full field handicapped event, will tap @mctrees02 here to see if the strokes gained model held up over the course of the season. If it’s broken or didn’t work out, we’ll do the top 5 from each flight.

Thank you for playing on the Refuge Tour, tell your friends to #getinvolved, 5858

4 Likes

5858! 5858! 5858! 5858! 5858!

Thanks for another great regular season, @Jeff_M. Get well soon. We appreciate you.

6 Likes

@Jeff_M looks like the points tab is only collecting points through event 8. I’m not sure who edits the doc but would love to cash in on those 500 points sitting in event 9. Appreciate everyone involved this has been a fun first season for me.

1 Like

Hmm, it looks like points from events 9 and 10 aren’t being totaled. The formula was using the offset function which I am not familiar with, I made a copy of the points table so I could just plug in a simple sum formula to add them. Not sure if more complex formula is actually needed or not, but in any case the copy has the totals correct now. I do have to issue an apology to @jrsnelly37 since I said he won LPCP, it’s actually @Aham13 after firing off 7 podium finishes in a row, capped by two wins to take the regular season points title.

1 Like

3 Likes

ah, crap, I forgot to go back and finish my terrible round, guess I’ll qualify next time round.

All good, over this weekend I should have time to develop a couple off-season events that can be used as qualifiers for new players wanting to join.

1 Like

On that note, first two to volunteer get to be team captains for the off-season team match, I’ll come up with some team draft we’ll do after the playoff.