Peoria Korn(Kan) Ferry Tour Qualifier - TBD 2022 - (Also a Busch Light Mega-Thread)

Is it really that surprising though?

5 Likes

Yes, yes it is. White Pepsi’s (Miller Lite) all day

1 Like

Got an email about the Peoria city championship because I’ve booked rounds with the park district before and didn’t see @phegs32 on the tee sheet - no defense of your titles this year?

1 Like

Family trip to Florida overlapped with the qualifying days. I was just a spectator this year. I have the Arrowhead CC club championship coming up so that’s my Catalina Wine Mixer this year for local events.

3 Likes

No past champion exemption?!

1 Like

Nah. I needed a break anyway after driving back and forth and chasing kids on the beach. #vacationfromvacation

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/pjstar/status/1561686371659649024?s=21&t=s4YAUbVBkDJq6r9QC2WmVQ

This could be cool if done right.

2 Likes

Did the pandemic totally kill the TopGolf clone that was planned to go by Grand Prairie?

1 Like

I think so. It was in the works for quite a while then disappeared.

Drive Shack? There was one proposed in Chicago, but that fell through as well around the time the vid hit

1 Like

Looks like the pandemic had nothing to do with it. Article says the idea was canceled in February of '20 after not getting off the ground for years. When I worked down there between 2017-19 people seemed to know of the idea but had no clue when they planned to start construction.

1 Like

For immediate release:

@camgriff2 and I met for some screen golf tonight at Clubhouse Indoor Golf (of Strapped fame) and started conversations about reviving a Peoria event for the 2023 season. VERY early stages here and neither of us have planned an event before so bare with us. We are eyeing July, and wanted to gauge a sense of both interest in the event, and which weekend might work best. I love a good poll so add your input below. All dates Friday-Sunday.

• July 7-9
  • July 14-16
  • July 28-30

0 voters

Likely try to play all three strapped courses and one other as well (18 Friday, 36 Saturday, 18 Sunday). More details to come.

@kevjones and @phegs32 if you want to support planning, let us know. We’d love any help.

16 Likes

I’ll gladly pass the torch @DrJ, shall Strapped: Peoria live on!

My free time in the Summer is rather limited but I can help you with contacts at Lick Creek, if needed, and do what I can to attend. Just shoot me a PM.

3 Likes

Looks like Lick made #3 on the Golf Pass top US Public Courses

In determining the final rankings for the year, we weigh several factors, each of which correspond to the way our reviews are structured:

• Overall Rating
  • Value
  • Conditions
  • Layout
  • Pace of Play
  • Staff Friendliness
  • Off-Course Amenities

1. Lick Creek Golf Course

This 1976 Larry Packard design for the local park district 20 minutes south of Peoria mixes holes on open rolling parkland with some tighter, tree-lined tests. The par-5 18th has a double-fairway, where golfers taking the direct route will attempt a heroic carry over a pond in order to get close to the green in two.

Source:

8 Likes

Figured this is the best spot to reach out to the Peoria folks - I’ll be in town for a family wedding and have time for some golf tomorrow morning (rehearsal at 530pm, so tee time no later than noon)

@kevjones @DrJ @phegs32 @camgriff2 et all? Anyone around for Weaver or Lick?

3 Likes

Would love to, sadly also have a wedding/rehearsal so am headed to C-U for festivities tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Thank you for protecting the field

1 Like

I could squeeze in an early 9 tomorrow at Madison, but have to be done by 9:30 and am busy the rest of the day.

Apologies as I’ve been a very absent member of the Refuge for a while. Just ran across the email for this tag.

1 Like

Well I will be back for IHSA Baseball state finals the first week of June :eyes:

2 Likes