Peoria Korn(Kan) Ferry Tour Qualifier - TBD 2022 - (Also a Busch Light Mega-Thread)

Had to be before the announcement. I don’t bring much to the table.

Haven’t heard it called “crank” in a long time!

1 Like

Same, its totally a 90s term, but I heard it recently on an old episode of COPS and had to use it.

2 Likes

Me and @RunItOut are playing TPC @ Deere Run next Sunday the 29th. I got 2 spots open for 7:05am, would love for some refugees to join us. DM if interested.

5 Likes

Caught me a weekend too late. Currently enjoying a baseball tourney in Bettendorf and would have loved an excuse to disappear for a few hours…

1 Like

Damn, what a bummer. Would of loved to see you get surgical out here

Just wanted to let you know…

Has their been an official response from @kevjones or @phegs32 regarding the Strapped Boys’ drive by of Avanti’s sandwiches on The Nest pod?

2 Likes

I actually had an Avanti’s gondola for lunch today. It was fucking delicious.

5 Likes

For me the allure of Avanti’s gondolas derives from two things: simplicity and situational joy. If someone told me “you have to travel for a avantis gondola” I’d be wildly underwhelmed too. But if just got done watching my sisters softball team lose 9-2 with 15 errors per team, and I have to sit around for 2 hours before the next game, I’m heading straight to the concessions for a gondola. Like an oasis in the desert - the simple surprise of fresh bread w/ meat and cheese makes everything alright

3 Likes

This is very well stated. The number of gondolas I’ve had from confessions stands over the years is overwhelming.

While a concession hot dog could be one of 15 things, the unshakable consistency and quality of a gondola sandy (tip: add some mustard and mayo to that boy) is a true pillar of Central IL.

2 Likes

Preach @kevjones and @Duff-Daddy. The importance of a Gondola is reliability. It will never let you down and you’re always getting the same sandwich. It’s by no means even the best thing on the menu (their hot sandwiches are where it’s at - personally l like a combination of 1 hot ham & mozz + 1 pizza bread), but it’s reliable and always there for you. If you’re at a game or at the course, it’s an easy grab and go. Or if you eat at home, you can take off the nasty lettuce (an Avanti’s staple), slather on some spicy mustard, and throw it in the microwave for about 23 seconds - just enough to melt the generic cheese and get the salami a little greasy.

I’m guessing DJ just oversold the sandwich a bit and got the Strapped Boys’ expectations a little high going in. Easy to do.

2 Likes

Is this where they make you order from after telling your kids you would get them something when you fully intend to not get them anything?

3 Likes

It’s actually where Usher signs autographs for all the middle aged baseball parents.

4 Likes

Found
in the wild!

11 Likes

Cheers, brother!

7 Likes

Right back At’cha Brother!
@phegs32

4 Likes

TIL this guy is on the bag for Mina Harigae:

BU everywhere!!!

4 Likes

My buddy Andrew nailed it. Tagging the Strapped boys so they know that all the locals hype the Gondola.

@djpie @Randy @MerchCzar

2 Likes

Been in Peoria a week and a half but feel like I actually arrived today. 18 at Madison and a Busch light. #forthefarmers

15 Likes