PAIRINGS AT POST 50 - A Farewell To World Woods - May 15th, 2022 - Brooksville, FL

Say goodbye for me.

Given the number of waste areas on Pine Barrens, I really want to go with “Most Saddams Wins”, but we should probably go with something more conventional.

2 Likes

Touching Golfer’s Journal piece here on GM Rick Kelso and World Woods:

https://www.golfersjournal.com/editorial/back-to-the-future/

3 Likes

Won’t be able to make it out for the farewell. Our first kid is due on the 12th but I am going to get out there this weekend for one last trip around rolling oaks.

I’m in, been wanting to get there for a while and this gave me the perfect excuse. I’m all about the bones of a course.

2 Likes

Kyle Franz has done quite a bit of work on our Donald Ross golf course (Minikahda), and I can say without reservation, he will do great things for WW.

3 Likes

Is there deadline to register for this you would like us to tell you by?

I’ll check!

1 Like

I’m in! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

So looks like there will be a lot going on at WW on the 15th. TheGrint Tour Tampa is having an event on Rolling Oaks that morning. cc @NoLayovers

Thanks for the heads-up! We’re good. Refining details based on some confusion with The Grint Event, but we have tee times one way or another. Will update everybody soon.

5 Likes

Any update on the format :eyes:

2 Likes

Anybody have a preference? Definitely want to do individual, but other than that I’m all ears. Quota, but not quota? The higher handicaps just start with more points and we all go up from there? I find the struggle to reach the quota depressing. Is there a reason that doesn’t work? Have a feeling I’m never going to be on the Competition Committee at ANGC.

insert whose line is it anyway points made up gif here

Will post more details about the event later this evening!

3 Likes

I’ve heard this format referred to as a “Chicago” before - start with negative points based on handicap and try to get back to zero or positive. Fits the Strapped ethos of “it’s already gone”.

Adding tilt scoring would create some chaos.

Edit: forgot we did tilt at WP9 - FOMO turned RIMO.

3 Likes

Let’s plan on quota without the subtraction. Your course handicap is the number of points you start with. Person with the most points wins. Bogeys are 1, Pars are 2, Birdies are 4, Eagles are 8. Will recognize morning, afternoon, and overall winners.

Ok, quick rundown. Pairings will come out later this week. Will re-pair between first and second round. Shoot me a DM if you’re driving a long distance (90+ minutes) and would prefer a later start.

Weather is clear with a high of 89.

Pay pro shop directly for your round

Morning Round On Rolling Oaks

8:08 - First Tee Time
9:08 - Last Tee Time

Lunch and timeshare presentation from 12:30PM - 6:30PM - JK, JK…A Cabot Citrus Farms team member will give us a brief hello and hopefully a few morsels on what’s to come.

Afternoon Round on Pine Barrens

1:30-2ish - Currently working with World Woods staff to try and do a modified shotgun in the afternoon round (can’t do it in the morning) so we can all eat lunch together and have time to fully contemplate the timeshare opportunities. Either way, once everyone has had a chance to catch their breath between rounds we’ll get back to it.

Looking forward to it and Feel free to DM me with any questions!

7 Likes

I unfortunately have to bail on this :frowning:. I went ahead and crossed through my name on the sign up sheet.

2 Likes

Next time!

Those prices do not include a cart correct? After walking 54 in a weekend at Streamsong and seeing what that did to me, I don’t think I could walk 36 in a day.

5 Likes

Cart included!

4 Likes

We like that!!

4 Likes