Olympic Prolific (Tacoma, WA): May 14-16, 2021 - Fog, Sunburns, Presses, Beers, and Golden Chambers

I’m washing my golf towel as we speak. Never been done before in my household. That is how you know it’s a big deal.

13 Likes

Wish you could’ve come! Sounds like Chambers is getting the blessing by the USGA for some women’s events with the Women’s Am next year and a Women’s Open down the line with the Am as a test run. Hopefully we get you out here before 2026 or whenever the Women’s Open is haha

4 Likes

See ya tomorrow! :partying_face:

1 Like

You guys wash towels?

8 Likes

Absolutely not. We might be out of the process early and often.

4 Likes

You’re a disgusting specimen

3 Likes

I legitimately don’t understand your disgust. It’s a golf towel, I’m not washing myself with it

4 Likes

Maybe your clubs don’t get as dirty as mine since you usually know where your ball is going, but my towels get dirty. Therefore, they aren’t cleaning my clubs anymore and rather just redistributing the dirt. I also just don’t like anything to not be clean.

3 Likes

Exactly.

I mean, you probably get trace amounts of chicken shit on your hands from tee boxes and trace amounts of chemicals and paint on your hands from greens. Golf is dirty

1 Like

I packed more bourbon samples than golf balls.

14 Likes

You’ll likely lose more balls in 1 round in Florida or at the NIT than you will this whole week, so I hope there’s way more samples than balls :wink:

3 Likes

Planning to be out at Chambers tomorrow to practice around 430ish. Not sure who all is gonna be here by then but if you see a guy practicing and a little 6 year old running around that’s gonna be me. :joy:

5 Likes

Just an FYI for those of you who do have caddies, I played Chambers the other day and asked about how often they loop twice, and the response was “never”. He said they will sometimes help each other out if short-staffed, but never volunteer to carry twice in a day if they don’t have to. So I’d recommend everyone plan accordingly just in case.

1 Like

Ever wanted to carry the Traveling Sunday Bag but haven’t signed up yet? (s/o @alexshreff )

The Traveling Sunday Bag will be here in time for OP this weekend (Thanks to @SammyCakes!) and I’m happy to share opportunity to walk it around 3 of the best courses in the PNW.

If you are interested in taking it for a round, DM me. If there’s a lot of interest, we can go to a raffle.

2 Likes

The weather is trending. Ready to see the hat game from everyone.

5 Likes

@MrVinegar206 talk us through this round, what a ride. The best looking back 9 i’ve seen… period.

2 Likes

Oh fuck off! 80 degrees? You’re killing me here. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I coulda had the roof down in the car and got sunburnt!

2 Likes

My nest towel is pretty dirty. You have convinced me to bring the brand new Brora themed NLU towel. I bought it last year but never used it because it looked so good!

This trip seems like it is Brora NLU towel worthy!!

4 Likes

For immediate release: I’ll be playing (mostly) righty.

28 Likes

1 Like