Olympic Prolific 2 (Tacoma, WA): 2022, Sept 16-17 - A Playoff To Remember & TC Loves PNW Cuisine

So, you may’ve lucked out! With the Women’s Am, Chambers has been slow to respond to me on various things and as an apology, waived the 30 day deadline for field size. I think I only have the 1 week deadline for everything now. Additionally, since it’s a back nine shotgun at GM, they are kinda lax on the 30 day deadline they had, too. It just means we’re starting on fewer holes.

However, for both, I think the field size is now capped at 68, so there are a couple spots left. You’re in if you pay ASAP. I don’t know when they are taking down the payment portals

2 Likes

What is the forecast saying now, and what about wind? I only get the 10 day forecast like a peasant

Hear ye hear ye. I present to you peasants the updated extended forecast for a fortnight and a half from now.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Glad our Saturday shotgun is early!

2 Likes

*It’s also not useful looking at a forecast more than 7 days out haha

6 Likes

If it thunderstorms in the afternoon here that day, I’ll eat one of my 5+ (can my wife see this cause it’s way more than that) tour visors in front of everyone as lunch at Gold Mountain

6 Likes

Now I’m kind of rooting for thunderstorms…

3 Likes

Morning is a long shot. Afternoon, not a damn chance. Been here 8 years and have seen lighting 8 times…

4 Likes

Hear ye hear ye

@MrVinegar206 is no fun

7 Likes

I could have told you this. The dude hates Gamble Sands, thinks it isn’t a worthy test.

Hate is not a word I’ve used to describe Gamble. It’s like my 3rd or 4th favorite course in state.

Second part is true. I think DMK went too safe, especially at the greens. Why are they soooo big?? He rubberbanded too hard from his “difficulty era” and went too safe, IMO.

I think people that have it as #1 in state dont like golf…

…Because they want everything about it to be fair. It’s not meant to be fair.

2 Likes

Quoted without further comment.

What’s everyone’s feeling on Salish Cliffs? I’m getting into town (Gig Harbor/Rosedale) on the night of 9/10, so 9/11 is the one day I have open to really play anywhere before the OP. A friend recommended Salish, so I booked a twilight round there. Anyone think I should look elsewhere? Willing to drive a couple hours, or happy to join anyone anywhere as well.

Definitely hoping to get out for a GM twilight round during the week with some of you, too.

Edit: Oops. Didn’t mean for this to be a reply to @MrVinegar206

2 Likes

Almost time to start the two week countdown!

Any other out-of-towners staying in Bremerton area? I believe @bmb430 you are…I’m aiming to get into the area Thursday evening if folks are interested in meeting up that evening for dinner or drinks

5 Likes

I am staying at an Airbnb in Bremerton but do not land until 9ish Thursday night so probably no dinner for me, but would stop and have a drink if others are still out. Would be interested in dinner/drinks the other two nights though

1 Like

@GremlinGolfer and I are arriving Thursday at 4:10 staying with @oski . I’d be down for some drinks somewhere that evening, can’t speak for them though

4 Likes

Sick! I need to connect with the NorCal boys for sure at some point- need ins with all the roosts!

4 Likes

We have a solid contingent of NorCal crew making an appearance with the aforementioned, and @3jackbirdie

1 Like

I plan on skinny dipping in Elliott Bay on Thursday night.

4 Likes